Thranduil and his obesssion with "White Gems"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why is the Elven King Thranduil lust over White Gems? I think I may need to buy some "White Gems" on Ebay. None of the other elves in the Hobbit obsess over these stupid Gems

Originally Posted By: SkyActivG
Why is the Elven King Thranduil lust over White Gems? I think I may need to buy some "White Gems" on Ebay. None of the other elves in the Hobbit obsess over these stupid Gems

Tolkien may as well have Thranduil lust for anything else. Virgin unicorns, anyone? Thranduil's magpie-like obsession is just a means to make him flawed and corruptible, which he has to be for the story.

hotwheels

Originally Posted By: SkyActivG

Thranduil and I go way back. So I gave him a call. "Thran," I said,"what is the deal with these white gems?" Well, as you might expect, he launched into this soliloquy about the wonders of White Gems, their unfathomable beauty, blah, blah, blah.

I asked him if he had tried ebay, and he mumbled something about dark sorcery and ebay being taken over by orcs. Something like that. I'm not really sure, since he kept lapsing into Sindarin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back