Would you buy this car? (91-96 300ZX)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And if it were me buying it,if he didn't have the stock wheels,I'd make him come WAY down on the price. Aftermarket wheels imo scream GHETTO!!

Also another poster mentioned the block in front of the wheels,I'm guessing this car is a standard tranny model,and since it's parked on a hill,seller is just doing that as a precaution so it won't roll.

Good point on the aftermarket wheels.

If I were in the position, I'd buy it, get some OE wheels/ cheap steelies at a junkyard, and sell the aftermarket wheels for the price of the car, so I'd basically have a free car.

Then it'd still be a good ride, because I'm gentle on machinery, and the oversized sports car engine and brakes would be extra durable in my care. They're overbuilt, after all.

But this is not the car for you.

That exact car no, but a Z32, YES!!!!

A Twin Turbo Z32 is one of, if not my absolute favorite affordable car ever.

They are timelessly good looking and a great performer as well. I will always want one (and maybe someday get one)

The Z32 has been one of my favorite car for years. I ended up getting an Eclipse GSX instead at the time, but still think the Z32 has timeless looks. If I went for one today, I'd look for a turbo model.

That 2+2, non-turbo one you showed with the pinkish wipers, yuck.

It's a 1990. The way you can tell is that the 1990 model is the only one that doesn't have the Nissan logo on the nose panel between the headlights.

Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne
Originally Posted By: MCompact
An absolutely wonderful GT car, but as NHGUY noted, likely to have been abused. An unmolested car is very difficult to find...

^^ Not saying I am going to go look, (I am not. I can't buy a 300ZX right now, Volvo is next vehicle we get, and I have other stuff to do first.), but what would be some signs?

I can perhaps use this when I go scout cars, about "what to look for"...

I can see why you want another Volvo..you had such a great time with your last one.
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?196249-Getting-a-99-V70-XC-AWD-for-free-Running-thread

That was an Epic Fail.

Absolutely-please buy this car. That one should be good for a 20+ page thread of entertainment when you destroy it.

Of thee three competitors, I think this has the worst lines. My brother had a 3000GT VR-4, that was fun, but if I were buying one, Id go after a Supra.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Of thee three competitors, I think this has the worst lines. My brother had a 3000GT VR-4, that was fun, but if I were buying one, Id go after a Supra.

I have to agree. The Supra was very much faster, too.

And didn't the VR-4 have 4-wheel steering?

There was also the Mazda RX7 twin turbo. Those things were insanely fast!! Friend of mine had one. I remember the time we raced this modded Cobra and spanked it four times in a row.

Originally Posted By: krismoriah72
Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne
Originally Posted By: MCompact
An absolutely wonderful GT car, but as NHGUY noted, likely to have been abused. An unmolested car is very difficult to find...

^^ Not saying I am going to go look, (I am not. I can't buy a 300ZX right now, Volvo is next vehicle we get, and I have other stuff to do first.), but what would be some signs?

I can perhaps use this when I go scout cars, about "what to look for"...

I can see why you want another Volvo..you had such a great time with your last one.
http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?196249-Getting-a-99-V70-XC-AWD-for-free-Running-thread

That was an Epic Fail.

I think you nailed it... this car, and that Volvo...

...were the same color.

Thank you, sir.
thumbsup2.gif

And JRL can't stand me, can he?
lol.gif

I know I had a silver one - for free - after playing with the Massachusetts one, and that imperfect situation. See, I do what many other people.. can't.

So. When the time comes, and Faith and I get a 1999 or 2000 V70 XC AWD, (probably not a V70 XC AWD SE,) then THAT one will go a different way...

Many base model V70s around here. They look noticeably uglier than an XC.

Even Gustavo Fring had a non-XC V70. Nice color, too.

But.. what even the best-intentioned here need to understand about me is that I "think like a rich man." I have vision. Two jobs.. $10/hr at one, $12.75 at the other. I will work myself to death. Should even pay rent to a Linden place, to be safer (less drowsy) at night. So.. if anyone in Linden area knows of places. Could be a [censored] CLOSET. With a place to park.. tell me.. I DO understand it to be unlawful to sleep in Expeditions, Hondas, Blazers (current stable..) even 300ZXs and Volvos. Have I slept in cars? You bet your [censored] I have. But now I am 32, gonna be 33 "soon".. and have two great jobs.

So. Let's... progress..

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Out of the 300ZX,3000GT,RX7,and Supra,the Supra was the slowest.

THERE he is! I love ya, bro!
thumbsup2.gif

And are you SURE a TURBO Supra was slower than a Z? (I know. And i like the Z, too. Just saying I seen a Lot of Q/Mi runs that say different.. with love, brotha..)

There was also the Mazda RX7 twin turbo. Those things were insanely fast!! Friend of mine had one. I remember the time we raced this modded Cobra and spanked it four times in a row.

The Mustangs seem to have a lot of trouble hooking up all that power to the road.

Out of the 300ZX, 3000GT, RX7 and Supra,the Supra was the slowest.

You mean non-turbo Supra ? The turbo charged Supra was much faster than non-turbo one.

It was 255HP in a tiny car, I'd have hoped it spanked the 235HP Fox Cobra (assuming we aren't talking about a termi, which would have destroyed you). Though based on a quick search it ran low 14's or high 13's at under 100Mph so it is slower than I expected
21.gif

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
What about your kids?

Will they fit in the 300ZX ?

..........He has kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back