Put some different wheels on the Mustang.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wtd

While I liked the original wheels on the car, I wanted something different that had some black in it. I found someone on CL selling a take off set of 19" Mustang wheels and tires. I have always liked this wheel so I picked them up. I went from this:

To this:

Wayne

Looks good
01.gif

Both look nice, i do like the first set better though. From an appearance aspect the side window louvers looks really good, but does it interfere with visibility when driving?

Last edited:
Thanks guys. The side louvers have slits in them so you can still see out, just now as good. I don't use those windows anyway for looking out most of the times anyway so the louvers don't bother me. I like the look of them better than without.

Wayne

I do like the stock wheels better based on the 2 pictures, but I think if the 19" wheels are painted all black it may be a better looking wheels.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
I do like the stock wheels better based on the 2 pictures, but I think if the 19" wheels are painted all black it may be a better looking wheels.
I agree. They don't look bad at all, but I'm not a fan of the silver striping. Must be nice to have a change though, and to be able to swap the two out.

They look nice! I prefer keeping things stock but what matters is what you like, so congrats on the new set!

I have been thinking about getting a set of the black FRPP Track Pack wheels, but I also want the GT500 15" brake kit and fitment with the Track Pack wheels literally comes down to 1/8".

wtd, I bet your back window is functional also. Mine is not thanks to the optional wing they put on mine.

Thanks everyone. I actually don't like the look of an all black wheel and wanted some aluminum color to go along with the black. I plan on keeping the original wheels so if I get tired of the current ones, I can switch back. The original wheels are 18" by the way.

I actually like the smaller rear spoiler on my car though your bigger one looks nice as well.

Wayne

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen
I like the new wheels. The stock wheels would look better if they were a different color like gunmetal maybe...darker than the car color.

I agree with this. I like the design of the stock wheels but the color needs some help.

Wayne

The "old..." stock wheels are old school BORING... plain silver , generic 5 spoke...

Nice pick-up on the new "stock..." wheels, they give the car some POP... the black with silver goes good with the car color... imo, of course.

But wheels are a matter of personal taste, as the comments clearly show... if YOU like them, great...!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back