Castrol GTX High Mileage has anyone used this oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently picked up some Castrol GTX High Mileage for my daily driver a 2006 Sebring Touring with the dreaded 2.7 litre motor. It has 119,000 miles on her now and still runs like a top. Been using Mobil 5000 conventional on her in 5w20 with a 3000 - 5000 mile interval. Started leaking a little bit around the oil pressure sensor and now would like to switch to high mileage oil. I bought the Castrol High Mileage with Filter included (STP) for $24.00. Would like hear peoples opinon on this oil.

Last edited:
Not high mileage but I used regular GTX 5w30 in a 1997 GM VORTEC 350 V8 and black stone labs says it is the lowest wearing GM V8 they have on file. Castrol makes some of the best oils.

I used Castrol GTX HM for my first OC in my Burb when I bought it with 117k miles on it. It slowed and nearly stopped a rear main seal leak, which came back with a vengeance when I went with MaxLife NextGen on the new fill.

Just fix the leak and keep doing what you were doing. You're lucky you have a cheap and easy fix.

There is no reason to by Castrol as long as Wal-Mart continues to stock the entire EOM lineup and most of SOPUS. If you want to run a HM, get M1, it gets cold where you live.

I like it and valvoline Maxlife. Both are a semi-syn HM oil. I buy which ever one is cheapest.

I usually run around 5-6k, or once a year, when using them on most cars.

My brother has been using Castrol HM in his VW 2.0 that burns oil a lot. This engine use to burn up to 3 quarts in a OCI. Since he switched to Castol HM, it has gone down to less then a quart in the same OCI. Castrol HM has a higher viscosity then other HM oils on the market.

I like Castrol HM and have used it a lot. Have not used the latest version though, I'm not sure if they changed it since it went "Resource Conserving" but the PQIA has a recent VOA of it I believe. I can't find a current PDS on it no matter how hard I try. Typical Castrol in that regard.

It runs quiet IMO, you'll like it.

put it in today and turned out not to be a oil sensor leak but a pan gasket leak. $20.00 part and changed it car seemed to like the oil cause it runs smoother than on the Mobil 5000.

http://msdspds.castrol.com/ussds/amersdsf.nsf/Files/F5412EF71900100E80257DBE0058F4DE/$File/BP%20GHS%20US%20SDS%20-%20US%20US-Lubes%20Americas-Castrol%20%28Wayne%2C%20NJ%20US%29464811-US12%20US13%20US81English%20%28US%29.pdf

345Hemi that is actually a 2015 pdf it's a miracle. How did you find it I'd like to see the 5w30/10w30's for sure.

Thanks!

Originally Posted By: 345hemi
i went on the main web page and it had on the bottom of the picture little green boxes pds and msds.

Awesome thanks some of those links were not there when I looked a couple weeks ago.

I really like the GTX HM in my Taurus. Honestly, I really like the Mobil Super line, and I didn't want to like the Castrol, but I do.
Smooth, quiet, good gas mileage, and fires up with out a complaint in the -20F weather we have had here this winter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back