Help With 2007 Lexus IS 250 AWD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BISCUT
Size is 225/45R17. She's looking for an all weather. She had the Conti DWS and said they got bubbles from hitting potholes....Made me cringe. I suggested the Conti Pure Contacts (I have them on my 328).

here is her problem. 99% of people don't need 45 aspect ratio tires for daily driving on [censored] roads. it's all vanity problem.
besides people who buy toy car like lexus IS 250 AWS should be able to afford expensive tires even if they don't last long.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
besides people who buy toy car like lexus IS 250 AWS should be able to afford expensive tires even if they don't last long.

225/45/17 is a very popular size these days, with quite a few reasonably priced options well below $100 a piece.

But I agree, in an area with poor roads, they are nothing but trouble.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

225/45/17 is a very popular size these days, with quite a few reasonably priced options well below $100 a piece.

Indeed it is quite popular. My mother drives a TDI Golf with that tire size. Far from a "toy car", it's her commuting vehicle, albeit a fun one with the torque.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
here is her problem. 99% of people don't need 45 aspect ratio tires for daily driving on [censored] roads. it's all vanity problem.

What can you do with OEM size 225/45-17 ? Plus zero such as swap to larger diameter 225/50-17 ?

I bought 2 Falken Ziex 612+ 245/45-17 for $67/ea for the rear of my S2000. The 45 aspect ratio tires are not very expensive now, especially with 17" , if you need 18-19" or larger with 30-35 aspect ratio tires then it becomes expensive.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
What can you do with OEM size 225/45-17 ? Plus zero such as swap to larger diameter 225/50-17 ?

Technically, that is not plus zero. The concept of plus zero means changing the width while keeping the overall diameter the same as stock. So for example, if your OEM size is 225/45/17, then a plus zero swap would be something like 245/40/17.

I agree. I don't know the correct term for increase the aspect ratio by 5% without changing the width and wheel size. Should we say plus ratio ? How about changing from 245/40-17 to 255/40-17, plus width ?

My S2000 OEM size for the rear is 245/40-17 I currently run 245/45-17. Except acceleration(straight and lateral) the car is okay with larger aspect ratio, the ride is a little softer on rough roads and a little better fuel economy(after adjustment for speedometer error of about 3.5%).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back