Holy alternative to Jack Stands.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Although I do like the cheapo wood ones below it.
smile.gif

Pretty awesome for situations where you can have the car supported on its wheels. Even if you needed a wheel off, I suspect it would be easy to arrange with a jackstand on one corner.

Still, roll off could be a risk, and I'm just not a fan of stressing the car body putting 1/4 up like that. I think it's an easy way to cause steering pull and misalignment. So question becomes if factory Jack points for a garage jack (like a center front and center rear or differential case) can get the axle up high enough to do two at once.

Originally Posted By: double vanos
...it's been totally worth it. My most valuable tool...

I couldn't agree more. EZ Car Lift is the best gizmo ever. For those that care, it's made in America by an American. Well, a Californian, actually. But you get the drift.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Although I do like the cheapo wood ones below it.
smile.gif

Yeah, I like the wood ones better. You can make 3-layer, 2-layer and 1-layer so you can stack any combination of 4 or 5 or 6 to get the height you need.
1088112188311524168.jpg

Last edited:
Of the cars listed in my signature, only my wife's Lexus can I drive up on my 4 Rhino Ramps. But, the others can be lifted in the rear and I can put the other 2 ramps under the rear tires should I choose!

And this is all fine as long as I am working under the vehicles but, not so good when needing to remove tires.

Originally Posted By: GMBoy
Nice except most cases when I lift a car I need the wheels off.

My thoughts exactly.

I missed how high they go (12-14"?) but if it's really 12" then I suspect you could just put them under a frame rail, or with a block of wood with a notch in it under the usual jack points.

Interesting concept. I like the flat base which ought to work well on dirt. Probably still some issues with using a floor jack (need another board to go under the floorjack, just like before), but still seems like a nice idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back