Feedback for 2014 Navigator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wife just bought a new 2014 Lincoln Navigator. It's the last year for the 5,4L V8. Thoughts on OCI and oil.

Also need to decide on continuing to maintain cars myself or letting the dealer do this one.

Last question: this vehicle had sat on the lot since summer. Is there anything I should do differently that being the case?

* it had 8 miles on the odometer.

Does it have a maintenance minder for major services? Just go by that and/or the manual. Use whatever's on sale for the oil.

Check the tire pressure since the car sat for a while.

Enjoy
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
Unless you are towing or are using it for some other severe service, while under warranty, I would change it every 7,500 miles (which is what the OLM will tell you unless Ford has updated it on the 5.4L--it is just a mileage counter). Not sure if you bought the extended warranty, but once it is out of warranty, I would extend the OCI to 10K. I have ran three different synthetics and one conventional in mine and all of it has performed well. See the UOAs here; so pick your poison.

Ford modulars are not particularly hard on oil (though I have heard some internet lore about them sludging the heads). Other than a rear main seal that leaked from the factory, (knock on wood) and brakes at 145K, mine is still running as normal.

I should have mentioned driving situation - suburban with low miles per trip generally. The book states 7.5k or six months. We most often will hit the six months before the mileage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back