American Sniper movie is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Kira

I have to say there's a touch of ...hmmm...retardation to many of Clint Eastwood's endeavors.
The willingness of so many to praise him outright is, in my opinion, freaky.
His characters have killed bad guys-so he's good. I get that. I hate bad guys too.
His Harry Callahan character used a S&W .44 magnum so the gun people worship him-to the point of sick reverence.
I like guns too, but I don't worship any "style queen".
Kira

Yes, Clint Eastwood is way overrated. And if people really knew some of the low down things he has done their opinions of him would flip 180.

Just last year he was under investigation for conspiracy and fraud involving an upcoming movie producer. Anyone with his status that would stoop to stealing from someone new in the business while enjoying the prosperity and success he has shows nothing but low class.

That is par for Hollywood and the entertainment business. Any enterprise that generates so much big money for so little effort is bound to attract criminal interest. Witness his involvement with the "Four Hoods from Jersey" ( not just for Mafia fans).

I haven't seen the movie, I can wait til it's on TV.

I think I will go see this now.

Eastwood movies tend to be dry, but have some kind of deep motivation of the main character if you watch it. (Gran Torino, for example.)

Have any active or ex-military guys "ripped this movie to pieces" yet? There seems to always be one that says "That is all wrong, it is nothing like that," etc.

We usually wait until Redbox comes out with the video. I will definitely see it then.

But man I'm getting tired of seeing the commercials/previews for this movie playing over and over and over on TV..........

I loved him calling his wife during a fire fight her asking what is going on??? Her telling him she was having a boy at the same time bullets are flying overhead. I love movies that create such realistic scene like this one and Frozen.

In the book he describes a time when, while on the phone with his wife, a firefight did develop.

Sarcasm can actually work or be entertaining when you're not completely
ignorant of the subject.

Originally Posted By: bubbatime
Originally Posted By: wrcsixeight

If the movie portrayal was only half as intense as actually doing it.....

The movie portrayal was 1% intense compared to the real thing.

I also saw the movie. It was good. Lone Survivor was better.

I tried to get a DVD at Redbox but my local kiosk was out for few days last week. I hear that Survivor is a very good movie, I will try again this weekend.

Overrated, IMO. People will like it for patriotism, but taken as a whole and analyzed in terms of fine film-making, I don't think it's anything special...

Now, Black Hawk Down, THAT was a well made movie.

I will wait for the movie to come out on DVD and then I will buy it. I hate going to the theaters. It winds up being expensive with a pop and maybe popcorn and sometimes somebody causing problems in the theater. One time I went to a show with a woman and some goofy guy was making all kinds of noise. He was not at first not impressed with the enemy force and then when he saw what it looked like over the hill he said real loud, 'Now that is an army!' And there is sometimes somebody like that in the theater.

And by not going to the theater I find out from what people tell me are the good movies. I hate going to a movie and finding out at the theater it is a worthless movie. So I prefer just buying a good movie and watching it at home.

I will probably get 'Unbroken' also when it comes out.

Last edited:
I am not much of a movie viewer. After about 20 minutes the ADD kicks in. I would rather read a book than be offended by the movies.

Heard a movie critic on the radio talking about this movie. He said it was great except for the "baby scene" where it was obvious that they had used a fake baby in the scene. He said that kind of killed that moment in the movie and brought viewers out of the moment. Will go this this one eventually, as over-all it sounds worth seeing.

Originally Posted By: Vikas
Can somebody explain the "baby scene"?

You have to see it to appreciate it, but be warned, you cannot unsee this scene.

hotwheels

Wow
crazy2.gif
That's an epic facepalm there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back