Drain & Fill (Pic!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the old fluid and new fluid. I just had a flush done on this transmission about 5K miles ago so I'm wondering if they even did it because how on earth would the fluid get that dirty in 5K miles if it was all new fluid.

Drained and filled with OEM Mercon LV. Thinking about adding Lubegard Plat or Red after last drain and fill.

Drain & Fill

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Donald
New ATF cleans things a bit and keeps the crud in suspension.

Magnefine filter.

Might do the magnefine but it'll have to wait until spring and I'm not all that sure how to do it anyways or if there is a section of the line that is even accessible to install it.

Originally Posted By: Bandito440
That fluid looks old and nasty.

I think you got ripped off.

That shop definitely took OP for a ride.

Originally Posted By: mclasser

Wonder if or how I could pursue this legally. I have access to a lawyer but I don't know if they would even do anything.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Throt

Wonder if or how I could pursue this legally. I have access to a lawyer but I don't know if they would even do anything.

Proof would be very difficult.

Probably, I made an appointment with my attorney. He'll probably tell me nothing can be done but it's a free consult so why not.

I'm [censored] off so I'm gonna do whatever I can.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Throt

Have you spoken to the shop manager yet? It would be the first place I would go in order to explore and possibly answer and resolve your concerns. They may offer to make it right. Then the problems fixed and you can find another shop to deal with. If not, your out $75-$100 and you complain to the BBB, spread the word on the net and move on.
Many situations require litigation, this really doesn't. Don't be driven into a bad decision by emotions.
In the end this is over the cost of a drain/fill right?

Last edited:
I think its possible then that it was dirty. Do you still have some of that fluid that is supposedly 5000 miles old? If you do send it in for an analysis and that should tell you for sure.

Yep, get an analysis done. That should prove it. You could sue them but I'm not sure it would be worth the trouble for, what, $100? I just had to sue a mechanic and it was really easy - the court fee was $54, and no lawyers are allowed in small claims court. I won quite easily. But it took a while, and we were talking about a lot more money...

You got ripped off just like me. This is my tranny fluid "after they changed it" on the right after I changed it on the left. After I found that they did not in fact change it, I changed it my self:

This next photo is the same car and ATF fluid after 30,000 miles. It is cleaner then yours at only 5,000 miles. I never got my money back and did not fight it because the shop was on the other side of the state. Lesson learned: do it your self so it gets done right!

Last edited:
I've heard of some shops not doing the requested oil change, tranny fluid drain, or just putting in off-spec cheaper fluid. Could be common in the industry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back