Would you buy this car? (91-96 300ZX)

Status
Not open for further replies.
c372b3b6cfdb47042c8bc8a808273d84.jpg

And no, I am NOT thinking about for me. This is not about me.

This is if YOU would consider, or buy, this 300ZX. Or at least check it out further.

Why does it look like an early year to me. I don't know any details. I walked past it, on break.

I think it looks clean.

An absolutely wonderful GT car, but as NHGUY noted, likely to have been abused. An unmolested ZX of that vintage is very difficult to find...

Originally Posted By: MCompact
An absolutely wonderful GT car, but as NHGUY noted, likely to have been abused. An unmolested car is very difficult to find...

^^ Not saying I am going to go look, (I am not. I can't buy a 300ZX right now, Volvo is next vehicle we get, and I have other stuff to do first.), but what would be some signs?

I can perhaps use this when I go scout cars, about "what to look for"...

It's a ricer. It's probably cruised all around town with the springs chopped half way off with a fartcan exhaust at 7,000 RPMs and pukes blue smoke out the exhaust.

Sounds like a good car for MalfuntionProne since it's already half destroyed, he can finish it off in no time.

Look under the hood. It takes a lot of patients to do any minor work under there. Changing spark plugs is a real pain. Look for the water pump and try to imagine putting a wrench on any of those bolts.

And by the way, previous posters have noticed the wheels and the block. Keep looking somewhere else.

I had a J30 with the VG30DE and that engine was sound at 200k when I got rid of it. It has been wrecked twice and the last owner (me) was 20. Previously, before I abused it, seen going 140 down the highway with 7 people and a full trunk. These little nissans are great, but with a fuel consumption of a Dodge dakota
smile.gif
. It was one of the easiest maintained engines (to me), plugs belts and so on, I really don't know why Jack had issues. Break calipers retreated with a medium sized screwdriver. The only problem for me was keeping a set of rear tires long...ish. I'd burn (mostly literally) through 4 rears in an OCI. Tranny was solid as well. Expect bushing to be gone, as it is ancient, and I personally would not buy anything like this from no one wet behind the ears. At least look at it, why not?

The early '90's Z32 twin turbo were the shiznit. Those were my favorite generation. I just like the body style. I would at least take a look at it.

More shots of this car I already said I was not buying.

And my half sister had a 1991 300ZX. In 1991. LOVED riding in that car with her..

b0d15f22162bbc5663a0840e669b5087.jpg

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Look under the hood. It takes a lot of patients to do any minor work under there. Changing spark plugs is a real pain. Look for the water pump and try to imagine putting a wrench on any of those bolts.

And by the way, previous posters have noticed the wheels and the block. Keep looking somewhere else.
x2. I'd rather be seen on a city bus

I've had my 96 for a lil over 10 years. Best car I've ever owned. Mint condition and bone stock. The ONLY way I'd buy one we're if it were completely stock. Absolutely NO mods,mechanically or cosmetically,but that goes for any car.

Hey Joe,if you know the person that's considering buying this car,send me a pm and I'll tell you what to look for and what to avoid when buying one of these. I've had three Nissan Z's (a 77,86,and my current 96) and I've always done my own work on them. Very easy to work on and maintain if you know what you're doing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back