Found some old 30 weight oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went cleaning through my dad's storage and found some goodies. Would you guys use any of this stuff? The oil, ATF, and Jack oil are all unopened.

And what do you guys think of the NITRO?

20150103_224119.jpg

Thats awesome. I'd hang on as souvenirs, but if you are in need of top off, hey, it can't possibly be worse than Lucas HDOS lol. Think of it that way.

That dex II would be good in something like a 3T40 that's the same since 1982-- they had them in cavaliers until y2k or so. Or power steering.

ATF Dexron II Use

Home-made penetrating fluid : 25% Carburetor, Fuel System and Injector Cleaner and 75% Dexron II ATF

Gleaned from BITOG historical post and saved in notes.

You could probably actually sell all the stuff in the round cans on ebay, for more than it is worth. The ATF would be good for homemade penetrating oil and soaking things that need to be soaked in oil.

What is the "Nitro", anyway? Oil additive, or fuel additive?

The 30 wt would absolutely be going in a lawn mower, especially the Rotella. I have enough older vehicles that could use the Dexron II. I also have a leaky floor jack. You can never have enough hand cleaner and shop rags. Nothing wasted here, but not sure what to do with the Nitro 9... chain saw maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back