Changed the oil and oil filter on the push mower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Considering these motors usually take 12-16oz of oil, I'd say he's done his homework on how much it needs to run at the proper lever with the filter full. Small motor like that will probably still be running when your grand kids are old enough to mow the lawn for you. I've got a splash lubed Toro that my grandpa used for 20 years and it runs like new

Its been 29 months since I last changed the oil (oops) in this bad boy. Changed the oil today with SuperTech SAE30 and a cheap Drive Works 4476 filter. Sharpened the blade and greased the zerk fittings on the rear drive.

Still running like new, and purring like a kitten.

Best $75 mower I ever bought. 12 years old and not even close to worn out yet.

I've got the John Deere that uses an oil filter like this. I'm probably going to change the oil tomorrow. The largest problem is you have to use the factory filter on the John Deere as the all wheel height adjuster obstructs using anything but. I'm probably going to put synthetic in it or some sort of synthetic blend depending on what I've got floating around,

I have a John Deere 14SB with the commercial duty Kawasaki engine, but it doesn't have the external filter. I can buy the filter kit to mount it on the engine, which is full pressure lubed, but it's already 24 years old. Then again, it still starts on one or two pulls and doesn't smoke or burn any oil so maybe I should pick that kit up.

L8R,
Matt

I've got the same Toro model# 20057 purchased new in 2003. It been a fantastic mower with great mulching, 1-pull starts and easy handling. Just normal wear & tear - rear tires are nedd to be replaced and the primer bulb is starting to leak. Still has the orig drive belt.
I use NAPA Gold 1394 filters with either German Castrol or Amsoil 10w-30/30 with annual changes, and it doesn't burn a drop.

Got a Generac generator with a spin-on filter and full pressure lunrication.

Those Toro Super Recylers have to be one of the best mowers out there. Seen Snappers, John Deere, and Ariens 21in with filters. I think most of the durability is found in the iron liner not the filter. Still always wished my Hondas had them but after almost thirty years they are still at ~115 psi of compression so I guess it isn't vital...

Originally Posted By: RTexasF
I've never in my life seen a mower like that with an oil filter.....didn't even know they existed.

A mower with a large filter and grease zerks, wow! Do they still make these? I want!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back