2006 Accord V6 Valvoline Max Life 5w20 3.8k OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
From one of my older vehicles. Car is stock with the exception of a K&N drop-in filter. Max Life synthetic blend (not fully synthetic) used. Mostly 50/50 highway/city miles. Interesting to note how much thicker this 5w20 is vs. the 0w20 I run in my civic si...

What is the high amount of sodium due to? Is this part of the additive package for valvoline max-life?

Cj16X2x.png

Relatively low miles, but yeah, a great report. A 5k mile OCI would be very reasonable here. I'm a fan of keeping the cars on easy-to-remember intervals and also ON major mile intervals (like 140k, 145k, 150k, etc). I find it much easier to remember that way.

Good engine with good oil = good UOA result.

It's clearly Valvoline Max Life can be in service for much longer than 6-7k miles with the same driving conditions.

Yea I have used a lot of Maxlife oil. Semi-syn with a good additive package. I would run it for 5-6k or once a year for that car.

Originally Posted By: bigt61
Wow, those are some impressive #'s. No wonder people like MaxLife.

Yes those are impressive wear numbers. Maxlife is a high quality oil, and Honda makes high quality engines.

Maxlife is just crazy good stuff. It's a fairly short run but shear is non-existent and TBN is still sky high. Just wow.

Did you change the oil? I hope not, otherwise you're throwing away perfectly good oil. You should run it a lot longer.

Originally Posted By: Brons2
Did you change the oil? I hope not, otherwise you're throwing away perfectly good oil. You should run it a lot longer.

Originally Posted By: rhhsiao
Probably could easily double the OCI.

Thanks, at the time I wasn't sure how well a syn-blend would do past 4,000 miles so I changed it out. Looks like this oil is pretty stout and can go up to 6-8k miles easy.

Originally Posted By: wi11iam
Originally Posted By: Brons2

Originally Posted By: rhhsiao
Probably could easily double the OCI.

Thanks, at the time I wasn't sure how well a syn-blend would do past 4,000 miles so I changed it out. Looks like this oil is pretty stout and can go up to 6-8k miles easy.

I might guess that it could go a full 10K OCI but that's just a guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back