'96 Tahoe 4wd bump stops ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
helped a buddy with these. GMC dealer wanted $65 apiece for the fronts, and we couldn't find any aftermarket that worked right. He bit the bullet and bought the dealer part. That bump stop in front looks like it is more than just a bump stop--- I think it's in contact more than just end of travel. Suggest dealer part-- unless you are willing to buy a few and experiment.

i have been searching for part #'s for a few months now. a lot of what i read said they ride on the stop as part of suspension.

i guess i will try calling a dealer and see what they say.

I know this sounds condescending so don't take it that way but have you asked Auto Zone or Advance ect what the part number is? Also strange as it seems I get the majority of my parts off Amazon and even Ebay. Personally I would rather kiss a pig than go to Mr Goodscrew because everything I ever bought from them (always in desperation) was astronomically priced and of a quality that was as bad or worse than aftermarket. Yea really. Often you can pick the GM PN from Ebay listings too in their cross references which helps.
Otherwise you are better off than here going to a full time GM Forum for that sort of skinny. More often than not some guy who works a parts dept will throw you a bone or at least fill you in on the best choices. You might try fullsizechevy.com forums. No real affiliation for me only a member its just that some of those guys live and breathe these truck and can tell you oh so much more than a dealer. Some of these young guys can give you the real skinny on what ails your truck right off the top of their head which I always find amazing.

LMC Truck page 99 of their catalog for the Tahoe, you'll find a part number $30 each.

31-1800 is their part number

Originally Posted By: meep
..That bump stop in front looks like it is more than just a bump stop--- I think it's in contact more than just end of travel..

You're correct. They're in contact with the A-arm at static ride height to add 'progressivity' to the wheel rate with the otherwise linear torsion bars.

They take a beating even during mundane motoring and should rightly be considered merely another consumable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back