Officer body cam shows imminent deadly shots

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Spazdog
An Arlington Police officer ordered me to the ground face down, cross my ankles and lift my legs, spread my arms with palms up. I complied without question. I could not have been a threat in that position nor could I have run away quickly. She then stepped on my right arm and fell knee first into my neck. She had her weapon pressed so hard into my head that it could not have fired with the slide pushed back.

What prompted this brutal detainment?

Carry-out.

She found it suspicious that I was leaving a restaurant with a bag of food.

Her back-up was a complete professional. Assessed the situation. searched me while she dumped my food out onto the parking lot, and then walked back into the restaurant with me to politely ask the staff if they would mind re-making my order. He talked to the wait-staff and patrons like they were old friends.

The only thing he could have done better? Reported his co-worker.

Blue testifies against blue ? If he did the whole department will against him, he will not survive long after that.

Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
Originally Posted By: whip
Originally Posted By: dnewton3
A felony? Really? Don't you think that's just a bit over the line?

Just to offer some perspective, he thinks any person that misuses 911 should be fined ONE MILLION DOLLARS.

Idiocy should be painful.

You said it. Did it hurt?

He should be fined hugely (say, cost of the response x100 or $1,000,000, whichever is greater) for it. Misuse of the 911 system should be a felony!

Third post from the bottom if you need help finding it.
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3209747/16

Babbitd - my comment was a reference to Jarlaxle's earlier post about cops scattering like cockroaches when cameras are present. I recommend reading all the posts in a thread; that context matters.

Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne
There is, however, a REASON that so many cops react to cameras like cockroaches to floodlights.

I certainly have encountered some power-happy LEOs. They come off as insensitive and bullies.

They may be police, but. Some incorporate RUDE into their safety.

This statement does not cover every police officer or LEO,nor situation. More like when a cop wants me to step out of my car and search it AND me, because he feels I am "too nervous" when I have an anxiety disorder - and I do. Flipside: I am calm, decide to be relaxed. I am asked to step out of the car, (which now looks stolen, for whatever that is worth,) because I am "acting suspiciously.."

I can't count the times I've seen families (almost 100% of the time minorities) pulled over on the side of the road near Florence, SC on I-95 getting searched. I always tell my friends that if the police ask you if they can search your car, tell them no. That's just your right as an American. But I really feel for the family of that officer in the video. They have a very tough job with so much disrespect for the law in our modern society. He was just doing his job.

Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Its heartbreaking. Al & Jessie and their "community" has a burning hatred of the police, and also otherwise more reasonable people want to hold the police to absolute perfection.

God bless and protect LE from the deranged and evil ones out on the streets.

That's because many, if not most blacks believe they should be able to do whatever they want, even breaking the law, without repercussions...

That's just not true. There are so many blacks I know that are very respectful of the law.

Originally Posted By: Silverado12
Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Its heartbreaking. Al & Jessie and their "community" has a burning hatred of the police, and also otherwise more reasonable people want to hold the police to absolute perfection.

God bless and protect LE from the deranged and evil ones out on the streets.

That's because many, if not most blacks believe they should be able to do whatever they want, even breaking the law, without repercussions...

That's just not true. There are so many blacks I know that are very respectful of the law.

+1

You are confusing Al S and Jessie J with Curtis "50 Cent" Jackson, and the like.

One bad apple does not define the bunch. And I work in Quality Control, and I know that.

Then there are the videos that maybe should not be made public because they're so disturbing.
laugh.gif

Great Video !

Police is just like other human being. Many drivers are distracted by many things, in this case he was distracted by music, and I understand that if I have to drive many hours a day I could not concentrate on driving all the times.

Originally Posted By: Spazdog
A relative of mine received a settlement of $150,000 from the City of Dallas.

The cop that beat him was fired.

There was an argument between his girlfriend and one of his friends. No physical violence. Just noise.

Now, he was carrying paraphernalia. The original officers that stopped him asked him and he owned up to it. They placed him in cuffs, retrieved the pipe right where he said it was, and further search found no other illegal items. They stated that he was cooperative and compliant. They were going to release the cuffs and write him a citation for the pipe.

Now comes officer number three. He's upset that my nephew didn't "defend" his girlfriend more vigorously. He called him a derogatory name usually reserved for homosexuals. Threw him to the ground and began to beat him. One of the original officers tried to intervene and officer number three takes a swing at him.

The original officers testified against officer three leading to his dismissal.

We need more cops like one and two to speak up against cops like three.

They don';t dare, because they face the VERY REAL possibility of being ostracized, or even killed. They do not want to radio for backup...and not get it, because they're "squealers".

Quote:
An Arlington Police officer ordered me to the ground face down, cross my ankles and lift my legs, spread my arms with palms up. I complied without question. I could not have been a threat in that position nor could I have run away quickly. She then stepped on my right arm and fell knee first into my neck. She had her weapon pressed so hard into my head that it could not have fired with the slide pushed back.

What prompted this brutal detainment?

Carry-out.

She found it suspicious that I was leaving a restaurant with a bag of food.

Her back-up was a complete professional. Assessed the situation. searched me while she dumped my food out onto the parking lot, and then walked back into the restaurant with me to politely ask the staff if they would mind re-making my order. He talked to the wait-staff and patrons like they were old friends.

The only thing he could have done better? Reported his co-worker.

No, what he should have done was ARREST his psychotic coworker...or even better, shoot the sadistic woman dead. If you reported it, I hope you had the sense to skip town immediately. She should be publicly crucified and left there to rot.

I read them several times. They make no sense.

What sort of drugs would I have to take to understand what passes for your thought process?

Enough, or some of you are going to get a time-out.
Stay on topic and leave the personal stuff out of it.

The point of my posting this story was for all to understand that cops can die in an instant. This cop was not being rude, nor applying a "choke hold", nor assailing anyone's rights. He was on the level and doing his job, and he died for it by following up on a domestic dispute call.

When a cop tells you to get your hands where he/she can see them, this is EXACTLY why.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Silverado12
There are so many blacks I know that are very respectful of the law.

Same here. The media distorts the issue so badly no one may ever know about the millions of decent Black Americans who work hard and live normal lives within the law...

.... When a cop tells you to get your hands where he/she can see them, this is EXACTLY why.

Very good advice.

What is the police take on being notified of concealed carry? It's not required in my state, but I usually make this clear immediately after the introductions, so there are no surprises. Most of my "interactions" with cops in the field these days are at commercial burglaries, right before the building has to be entered and cleared.

I never want to be mistaken for a bad guy in the unlikely event they're still there and it goes south really badly.

Originally Posted By: Win
.... When a cop tells you to get your hands where he/she can see them, this is EXACTLY why.

Very good advice.

What is the police take on being notified of concealed carry? It's not required in my state, but I usually make this clear immediately after the introductions, so there are no surprises.

I never want to be mistaken for a bad guy in the unlikely event they're still there and it goes south really badly.

Varies from state to state.
Here in IN, there is no requirment to notify. Very pro-gun state overall.

I just assume everyone has a gun when I pull them over ... Doesn't mean I treat them poorly or rudely, but just makes me stay on my toes. I used to ask; I don't even do that any longer. If I presume anyone to be a potential threat, then I'm prepared. If I take a hap-hazard approach, it may end badly for me. Having knowlegde of a gun present, versus the assumption of one present, does not alter my plan nor my response either way, so why ask? I'm not being careless, just being realistic. It is prominent in IN and common place. Why get worked up over it?

The folks that are legal and going to answer "yes" are low on the risk scale anyway.
The folks that have a gun and would lie to me are the scary ones, but if I believed their lie, then would that not make me more susceptible to risk?

Hence, everyone has a gun in my mind. Safer presumption that way.

If you volunteer info that you have one present, I simply ask where it is, and then tell them to leave it alone. Only if I would have an indication of PC for arrest or legal detention (warrant, DUI, DWS, HTV, etc) do I concern myself with controlling it.

Here's a body cam video that was just released. Suspect was running, dropped a gun, stopped and picked it up. Luckily, this officer was able to go home to his family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back