Napa Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any feedback on these? I know of Napa Gold but today purchased a Napa Platinum for my 2004 BMW 330xi. It says made in Poland, but no other indication if it is a WIX?

Made in Poland? First time I've heard that. Hummm, wonder if NAPA is having them made by someone else these days, or did WIX fire up a factory in Poland?

Sorry to say, the rated efficiency of the Platinum isn't real great - last we heard. The NAPA Platinum is supposedly the same as the WIX XP which is 50% @ 20 microns per WIX Tech Dept.

Some (perhaps all?
smile.gif
) WIX made cartridge filters are Polish made.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: dlundblad
Some (perhaps all?
smile.gif
) WIX made cartridge filters are Polish made.

News to me ... Have a link to share ?

My NAPA Platinums (41348) Say made in USA. I wait for NAPA to put them on deep sale for 5-6 bucks and buy 10 at a time since all 3 of our cars can use the same filter.

Last edited:
Wix/Napa Gold cartridges for Hyundai/Kia applications are made in S Korea, same coo as the Mahle OEM. And having used them I can say they are very high quality, right there with oem quality.

So while not quite as familiar with Wix/NG cartridges as spin on, 'based on the posts' here it would appear some are made in the US, some in Poland such as the OP's where Wix has one plant, and some in S.Korea. Majority of the spin on are made in the US.

And as reference since coo is discussed, some Fram cartridges are currently made in China.

Hello, Since we all love it when someone does an annual tally-up of oil brands from the "Post your latest oil change" thread maybe we should chart the sources of filters?

It would have to be a sticky.

Heck, there aren't many countries which make 'em in the first place. USA, Mexico, Poland, Israel, China, Japan, So. Korea. Any more? Canada, France, Italy, others in eastern Europe? Kira

Wix filters for my 2010 and 2011 Camrys are indeed made in Poland.

So are the Wix-built Microgards at O'Reilly.

Here's a photo:

These filters would correspond to the NAPA Silver and Gold filters.

I'm sure the Polish-made WIX/NAPA filters will be fine in the BMW.

Unlike some commercial filter manufacturers, I believe Wix does its homework when it brings a product for an application.

I'm planning to use mine on the next change so I'll be able to confirm my opinion here.

^^^ Are the ends of the pleats on those cartridge filters actually sealed well? They look to have pretty large gaps, so I'm assuming there is some kind of glue sealing the gaps on all the pleat ends (?).

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
^^^ Are the ends of the pleats on those cartridge filters actually sealed well? They look to have pretty large gaps, so I'm assuming there is some kind of glue sealing the gaps on all the pleat ends (?).

Construction looks just like OEM Toyota, Purolator, and older FRAMs built in Thailand.

Originally Posted By: SilverC6
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Construction looks just like OEM Toyota, Purolator, and older FRAMs built in Thailand.

Yes, I've cut open quite a few Toyota Denso oil filter. Just wondering how good of a glue job was done on the ends of the pleats. Have you verify how they are and how well they are sealed?

The Toyota Denso filters seemed to be glued pretty good, but sometimes I wondered if they all were totally sealed or not.

Here's a couple pics of earlier referenced Napa Gold/(Wix) made in S.Korea, same coo as the Mahle H/K oem. The first pic shows the NG7250 with ~5k miles on it. The second, the endcap view of a new cartridge. High quality, and signficantly less than the oem especially with the local Napa 40% sale.

BD3323NG7250-2-4.jpg
BD3323NG7250-2-3.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back