Help with 2007 Nissan Maxima

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've inherited a 07 Maxima with about 95k on the clock. I'd like to take my time and basically do all I can to start with a zero base. I've come up with the following:

Plugs (maybe coil overs as well)
Trans filter with (pan drop change only)
Belts (I believe 07 uses a timing chain; so no internal drive belt)
PWR steer bleed/fill
Brake fl bleed/fill
Rotors/Pads
Fuel Filter
PCV (internal?? Or externally accessible?)
Front Axles (I'n not sure here, are the Axle's going into a pumpkin here or is this like a Transaxle?)

Anything I'm missing?

While I was writing it I was feeling like I left out something major! Cooling system would be just that!

Your maxima doesnt have a fuel filter that is servicable..its in the tank.

add to your list- pcv valve, clean throttle body, add a bottle of techron to clean injectors.

I wouldnt do the coil overs unless you have a misfire.

I had a family member with one so i have worked on it a few times.. she ended up selling it due to the timing chain issue. So you might want to save your money for the timing chain repair if it hasnt already been done. http://gotaclassaction.com/nissan-north-...mature-failure/

best of luck on your new vehicle.

Originally Posted By: krismoriah72
Your maxima doesnt have a fuel filter that is servicable..its in the tank.

add to your list- pcv valve, clean throttle body, add a bottle of techron to clean injectors.

I wouldnt do the coil overs unless you have a misfire.

I had a family member with one so i have worked on it a few times.. she ended up selling it due to the timing chain issue. So you might want to save your money for the timing chain repair if it hasnt already been done. http://gotaclassaction.com/nissan-north-...mature-failure/

best of luck on your new vehicle.

Thanks for the link. I'll be paying attention for slap.

I picked up the car....pretty easy oil change on that engine! Even easier to get to than the 95 Camry. I ordered the plugs off Amazon. They are the same as the wifes Armada (good plugs but pricey!). So is the CVT fluid.....

Awesome car tho....MPG were in the mid 20's on the 120mile drive home. It was 9F yesterday morning, and I didn't hear anything indicative of a faulty chain tensioner or any kind of slap. Going to run 2 shorter OCI's with some MMO. Then I'm going to run a M1 with Fram Untra and do an UOA to see what we got!

Here's the link to the 2007 Nissan Maxima factory service manual -- it will answer all your questions.

You Nissan people are lucky -- the rest of the world has to pay $200 for their service manual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back