LubeGard Gun Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anybody using this. Just got some, it is pretty thin, and in a horrible container that is not at all conducive to pinpoint or small quantity application. It just kind of goes all over the place. Haven't fired what I used it on yet, but will be soon.

If you use it, what's your impression?

Originally Posted By: another Todd
Anybody using this. Just got some, it is pretty thin, and in a horrible container that is not at all conducive to pinpoint or small quantity application. It just kind of goes all over the place. Haven't fired what I used it on yet, but will be soon.

If you use it, what's your impression?
Have wondered if good old Lubegard Red would work

Send comments back to lubeguard. They have good products, but gun oils just don't rewlly align to what they've typically sold. Looks like they're trying to expand business, but need some guidance. I suspect comments and constructive criticism to them would be welcome.

As well as a report to them and us on how it actually works!

I did send them an e-mail with my comments on the gun oil container, as well as some questions...such as "can LubeGard Red be used in power steering instead of their specific power steering additive"? They were very responsive and their reply was swift and concise...yes you can, and they also indicated they would forward my gun lube comments to the appropriate people.

Just looked it up. That bottle it comes in is USELESS. At any rate, get yourself a needle oil bottle. I have about 20 of them and fill them with all my various gun lubes/solvents. My favorite needle bottle is sold by brownells.com but there are a ton on the market that will work just as good.

As far as the lube, it will probably work fine. I probably would have just gone with one of the big gun oil majors myself. In my experience, pretty much any lube will work fine on a gun as long as it is there. If it dries off or evaporates, of course you will need to apply more.

Brownells needle oiler bottle
p_084000127_1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back