Cooper CS5 Ultra Touring or P7s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone driven on both of these? Come spring I'll need to get new all seasons for and '06 Cobalt LT (205/55/16 - H rated). I was going to go with the P7s but based on the recent reviews I've been seeing of the CS5 Grand Touring, I started thinking about these - H rating only looks like it is available with the Ultra Touring though.

So - any comparisons between these two? Anyone have some seat time with the CS5 Ultra Tourings?

I have recommended/installed 4 full sets on 2 family members cars and 2 customers. I liked them over the Grand as they are supposed to do a little better in snow.

My BiL loves them as they are very quiet but still handle and ride well.

I put a set of Cooper CS5 Ultra on my 2006 Camry yesterday. Very quiet, good looking tire. The noise from the Hankook 727 was loud! I had forgotten how quiet my Camry was suppose to be.

The CS5 were $85 per tire + $20 per tire install fee. $449 out the door. (205/65-15)

We had freezing rain and ice this morning and it handled it with no problem.

Do a search on the Cooper CS5 test drives. Cooper targeted the Pirelli P7 with this tire. Plus Cooper has a 45 day test drive.

I had the P7s on my GS300 until a few weeks ago. I got snow tires, so I cannot tell you how they are in the snow, however I can tell you that I really liked them and I cannot wait to put them back on my car once it stops snowing.

I got CS5s recently. So far they are super quiet and do great in the dry and rain. I never tried P7 but I can say the CS5 are probably better and definitely quieter than the Defenders I have on 2 other vehicles. Ill probably stick with CS5 in the future even if they dont send me my stinking rebate.

Originally Posted By: FL-400S
I got CS5s recently. So far they are super quiet and do great in the dry and rain. I never tried P7 but I can say the CS5 are probably better and definitely quieter than the Defenders I have on 2 other vehicles. Ill probably stick with CS5 in the future even if they dont send me my stinking rebate.

The only comparison test I've seen between the CS5's and P7's is from Cooper themselves. They also compared the H727 with both of the other two tires mentioned. ^^^

Last edited:
Yeah, there aren't many CS5 reviews or comparisons since the tire just came out last June. Cooper did a nice job of inviting all the major magazines and reviewers for a test drive but it was still sponsored by Cooper.

Having just installed the CS5 Ultra on my Camry last week, the tire matches Cooper's claims. And at $85 per tire compared to $122 for the Defenders (I believe the difference is around $20 for the P7) and Cooper has a 45 day test drive. It's worth taking a chance. Don't like the tires or they don't perform well in the snow or ice, take them back. Wish more tire companies would do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back