95 Camry rear rattle under braking

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sons car has 176k rear struts and mounts were bad so changed today with quick struts, car still has a vibration in rear when braking from 55 or higher, can brake harder and it stops but at a loss, anybody seen this on these cars before, I crawled under the car with a pry bar nothing bad loose, but wondering about trailing arms.

Last edited:
I had a 97' Camry that I sold last year. Any chance the front rotors are vibrating when braking and making it feel like it's vibrating in the rear? I also wonder if a drum in the rear could be warped and causing the vibration when braking.

Another thing to do is jack it up and spin each wheel and watch it. It might need a new rear wheel hub/bearing assembly. I replaced one on mine, was about the easiest thing to do on a car. Remove the wheel, remove the drum, and it's 4 bolts and it comes right off.

Like others said, inspect the front and rear drums/discs for warping. If the pads have excessive wear on side versus the other, the associated caliper may be seized. Does the car pull to one side when braking?

New pads and rotors up front, drums in rear never had them off, has a rattle off brakes as well jest gets worse slowing from hwy speeds, maybe I'll put shoes and hardware on the rear, thinking trailing arms too

New pads and rotors up front, drums in rear never had them off, has a rattle off brakes as well jest gets worse slowing from hwy speeds, maybe I'll put shoes and hardware on the rear, thinking trailing arms too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back