Where is a good place to buy brake pads?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I buy online, some places have almost no options, some places require you to buy in packs of 4 for each axle (?), some places just don't have any. I'm guessing physical stores would be even worse.

What are some good online brake pad retailers that would have something for a 2012 Impreza 2.0i?

Agreed! RockAuto(RA) is where I purchase most of my brake pads. Although, I often buy from Advance Auto Parts(AAP) with their discount codes too!

Even after finding pads for your vehicle on an auto parts website, look up the real part number on pad manufactures website. Than enter the manufacture part number on a search engine and see what comes up. You gotta be careful with your car that they don't send you pads for a WRX or STi that wont fit.
I had an 07' WRX. The OEM pads provided the best pedal feel by far. The high performance pads and "no dust' pads I tried had lousy initial pedal feel but didn't fade as quick which wasn't a factor but a few times after driving like a moron.

Add another for RA, good place to start. Look at pricing, specific part numbers, rebates and heart symbols for most popular. Then I'd use those numbers to check Amazon for pricing and perhaps included two day delivery price if one has Prime. Then as Char mentioned check AAP pricing using one of the many online discount codes available with in store pick up.

There are others, but those are good places to start.

Since I see you're in Minneapolis, check out Brake and Equipment Warehouse. They're in NE Minneapolis just off of Central Ave. They have anything and everything brake related, and if they don't have it they can probably get it. They mainly cater to shops, but they are open to the public. At my work, we get all of our brakes and lots of other parts for our fleet from them.

http://brakeandequipment.com/

Check Rock auto, amazon and ebay against each other. Sometimes you find pads that someone bought and didn't use for a good price on fleabay.

Last edited:
Autoanything if you want anything exotic, eg EBC, Stoptech etc. There is usually a 20% off coupon floating around.

Advance Auto Parts if you want something local in town. My G has all 4 Platinum pads from AAP and it stops like being hit by a freight train, never felt the need to upgrade. Have CQ rotors to go with them.

Originally Posted By: horse123
some places require you to buy in packs of 4 for each axle (?),

confused2.gif
Brake pads are ALWAYS sold in packs of four, no matter where you buy them from. Are you trying to replace the pads on just one wheel or something?

When I buy online, some places have almost no options, some places require you to buy in packs of 4 for each axle (?), some places just don't have any. I'm guessing physical stores would be even worse.

What are some good online brake pad retailers that would have something for a 2012 Impreza 2.0i?

Ummm, why wouldn't you buy 4 for an axle? Bad practice to just replace one corner.

Saayjac just posted $50 of $100 at aap. If they have what you want, it can be a great deal.

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Originally Posted By: NormanBuntz
Anywhere that sells pads not made in China.

And where would that be?

Akebono brake pads. All made in the USA. Do some research, bud.

Originally Posted By: exranger06
some places require you to buy in packs of 4 for each axle (?),

confused2.gif
Brake pads are ALWAYS sold in packs of four, no matter where you buy them from. Are you trying to replace the pads on just one wheel or something?

I just realized what I said was the stupidest thing so far this year. I get it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back