How much should a rear brake and rotor job be?

Status
Not open for further replies.
... You've got to be sh!tting me.

You mean to tell us that after all of this and trying to figure out what the he!l is wrong with your car that you broke the wheel and rotor off previously and then slapped a new wheel on it and left it with a broken rotor and you're just now wondering why the brakes were leaking? Jesus.

Will somebody report him to the New Jersey police for driving this ungodly vehicle down the road? His license plate number is WKL-6SW. I'd like to think that there aren't people like you driving pieces of garbage like this down the road, jeopardizing family's lives.

Makes me glad I'm not in New Jersey.

One can only wonder what else is wrong with this thing that he hasn't coughed up. He already admitted to why the steering wheel is sideways in a previous picture, that the alignment is that bad. Which means the front suspension and steering is toast.

Good luck.

Originally Posted By: MalfunctionProne
27.gif

I have no spare in the vette either. But you know. They have people that can come out in these specialized vehicles called flatbeds. And they can give your vehicle a ride home or to a garage.

Do we need to take up a AAA collection for you?

At least tell us your old lady did this.

How did you break the wheel off? And thanks for waiting 15 pages into this thread to reveal these pictures.

Originally Posted By: dishdude
How did you break the wheel off? And thanks for waiting 15 pages into this thread to reveal these pictures.

It isn't that he just broke the wheel off, it is that he continued to drive with it broken off!!!!!!
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
... You've got to be sh!tting me.

You mean to tell us

I don't mean to tell you anything except that the 5.4L is very powerful and the 4R100 trans is the best I ever felt in a truck.

I didnt [censored] you either. That's really a truck in the process of a tire change!
shocked2.gif
shocked2.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Where the heck was the spare? Somebody stole it off the bottom of the truck?

Actually? Yes.

Trust me.. a spare was looked for. And not found.

Spares and antitheft. Never again will I have dealings witg car without these things. Ever.

^^^ This is a Newark truck. And has been vandalized in various ways, as such. Even came out to it one morning and found a door opened, and left open, by someone (we suspect a neighbor,) while we slept, in a rainstorm. Driving cars with no keys, opening doors locked or not, ticketing AND towing set up by police in a blatant racket.. This city has .. some inexplicable obsession with messing with another's vehicle. It really IS batty.

[Spares and antitheft. Never again will I have dealings witg car without these things. Ever.

I doubt anti theft does anything in Jersey. They'll just part it out right in front of your house

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
I can at least back you on the 4R100, it is a boss.

10.gif

And if you hadn't assured me that my respect level with you would remain in tact, I wouldn't have opened up the photo gallery for the peanut gallery around here. I can take it.. but yeah, why share? The caliper and rotor and pad are new now. The old ones held up... spectacularly.. This is a Volvo-type scenario and an epic thread, as mentioned.. difference being, this one is still standing.
smile.gif

Built Ford Tough, I guess.

Originally Posted By: turtlevette
[Spares and antitheft. Never again will I have dealings witg car without these things. Ever.

I doubt anti theft does anything in Jersey. They'll just part it out right in front of your house

I believe that you are right!

And what part of Mass do you hail from? (*I love it out there)

005a3b9713fd9438daa2b7ea5f6d561a.jpg

How did this happen? The truck is resting on the backing plate, not what is left of the wheel...I'm trying to figure out how this could of been driven to this point.

I'd bet you're more of a Thunderbird than a Jack Daniels guy.
If you lay off that stuff your vehicle de jour may stop its mysterious open doors and other such vandalism.

> This is on the 1999 Ford Expedition, though topic can be for all cars.

No, the topic could only be for one car.

Don't know about the rest of you folks, but I'm starting to think Rod Serling is gonna make a post at any time now.

Wow - just Wow...

Originally Posted By: dishdude

005a3b9713fd9438daa2b7ea5f6d561a.jpg

How did this happen? The truck is resting on the backing plate, not what is left of the wheel...I'm trying to figure out how this could of been driven to this point.

Originally Posted By: Bill_G
Don't know about the rest of you folks, but I'm starting to think Rod Serling is gonna make a post at any time now.

Wow - just Wow...

^^ Who?

... as to 4WD (Newark roads were like an ice skating rink this A.M. on way into work,) 4-Hi still makes passenger fromnt tire feel like it is "skipping." I turned it off, and drove slow. Managers got in a car accident this morning. I hope they are alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back