Mobil 1 rocker arm photos

Status
Not open for further replies.

AZjeff

$50 Site Donor 2023
Recently acquired 2002 Xterra 3.3L with 126K, last 50K on M1 5w-30 by PO. Replacing the valve cover gaskets to fix a leak that I initially thought was a RMS leak, this side was easy, the driver's side is a nightmare to replace. The old rubber gasket was hard as a hockey puck. Currently 400 miles into a MaxLife Blend fill to condition the RMS, will probably rethink that at next OC. Comments?

Xrightbank_zps5eb249f3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Some varnish on those rear rocker arms (I'm assuming the engine is hotter there). Honestly doesn't look bad, looks fine to me.

referring to the picture, I like the bottom part of the head! keep using it looks good man.

our 06 camry with 2AZ-FE with 3-4k OCI on dino since new looked like the bottom part of the head as well, which makes me think that M1 could easily do 10k and still keep the engine clean.

This photo unfortunately won't get Merkava's seal of approval. Too much varnish. Lol.

Looks good to me.. No crud whatsoever.

Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
I didn't know how clean and at the same time varnished can be the same engine! Is it common?

I wondered the same thing. #1 is absolutely spotless.

Originally Posted By: 01_celica_gt
referring to the picture, I like the bottom part of the head! keep using it looks good man.

our 06 camry with 2AZ-FE with 3-4k OCI on dino since new looked like the bottom part of the head as well, which makes me think that M1 could easily do 10k and still keep the engine clean.

Preach it brother...M-1 is keeping my engine extremly clean. The M-1 0W20 AFE. IS IMO, one of the best synthetics available.

Looks good, doubt the varnish will hurt anything. Keep using name brand synthetics at reasonable intervals and you might be able to clean it up. A pennzoil synthetic would be my personal recommendation.

I don't know....it looks like there might be a .00001 sludge deposit inside the head bolt on the lower right hand corner. That's big trouble and unacceptable. Better switch to Amsoil.

Originally Posted By: AZjeff
Originally Posted By: friendly_jacek
I didn't know how clean and at the same time varnished can be the same engine! Is it common?

I wondered the same thing. #1 is absolutely spotless.

Unfortunately, no one offered any explanations or anything constructive at all.

I would hazard to guess the discolored part of the head operates at a much higher temperature than the remainder. For that reason alone, I would continue to use a synthetic oil in the engine. I do not believe that M1 would clean in such a differing method from one end of the head to the other.

Where varnish accumulates is not necessarily where it is formed.

There's likely some issue with PCV flows inside that cover, or the clean end has more oil flow due to windage off the cam or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back