Polaris slingshot

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a Polaris Slingshot on the freeway today (East San Diego County). I didn't know what it was at first, but it was like nothing I had ever seen before. First of all, I thought it was ugly, but technologically advanced. Two front wheels under fenders, single rear wheel (big, fat, low profile) on a single sided swing arm, belt drive and single offset shock. All wheel disc brakes. Two passenger side by side, sitting low in bucket seats. Steering wheel and normal looking auto dash. Very quiet. The body work was way too busy. Sorry no pics, but aI did find the link below.

https://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=AubmndaYb6XldZkSCOKLL9qbvZx4?fr=yfp-t-102-s&toggle=1&fp=1&cop=mss&ei=UTF-8&p=slingshot%20motorcycle%20videos

Hello, I watched the video. I think this vehicle will be gone from our consciousness immediately after next January's clearance sale.

It's a rackety, harsh, unwieldy piece of cartoon art.

There is no reason in the world for a glam go-cart to have a 2.4L engine.

Remember, you don't have to hate me personally if you like this thing.

I equate it with a diseased drug addict abducting and tattooing your 8 year old daughter. Kira

Originally Posted By: Kira
Hello, I watched the video. I think this vehicle will be gone from our consciousness immediately after next January's clearance sale.

It's a rackety, harsh, unwieldy piece of cartoon art.

There is no reason in the world for a glam go-cart to have a 2.4L engine.

Remember, you don't have to hate me personally if you like this thing.

I equate it with a diseased drug addict abducting and tattooing your 8 year old daughter. Kira

I basically agree, and at $20,000+ for a street legal go cart, it's a bit steep.

Wow...

I just saw one today in Red Wing, MN. I had NO idea what the heck it was. The driver was a complete dbag, as he was zipping back and forth between lanes, trying to pass everyone on Hwy 61. It did accelerate pretty quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back