Polaris buys Brammo

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder about how well the Indian motorcycle line is going to sell for Polaris. They are premium priced in a competetive high-end market where the Harley marketing machine has done an outstanding job promoting the image of owning a Harley.

No doubt they are fine motorcycles, just wondering how much upside there is in the market for them.

757guy

Back in 1968,Floyd Clymer built an Indian "Electric Papoose" minicycle.He had planned on selling them as non polluting fun toys for the kiddos,but never got past the one and only.

Indian will sell just fine. I doubt they'll out sell HD, and I don't think they ever planned on outselling them. Polaris seems to know what they're doing. Acquiring Brammo is also a smart move. One more field to expand their market in.

Originally Posted By: whip
Indian will sell just fine. I doubt they'll out sell HD, and I don't think they ever planned on outselling them. Polaris seems to know what they're doing. Acquiring Brammo is also a smart move. One more field to expand their market in.

+1 Between the Indian and Victory lines, they offer some American made alternatives to the same old thing. I look forward to a test ride on a Brammo.

My understanding is that Brammo are to focus more on their core competencies in EV technology, and Polaris will have exclusive access to said technology. Polaris has at least one EV in their lineup currently, so who knows where they will go with it? Slingshot EV?
At any rate, an infusion of Polaris cash should enable Brammo to work some magic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back