Problem with back button on BITOG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings, the last two or three days, I have had an extra web page get listed in the history on almost all BITOG pages. So I cannot hit the back button, it tries to go to the tracking page and nothing happens.

Anyone else having any similar issues?

I have cleared cookies, temp, etc. Running scan right now

0Cz7Zq.jpg

fXZ5UW.jpg

I have had other pages (like ebay) that do that google doubleclick ad [censored], so the back button doesn't work there either (so I open a new tab every time)

Originally Posted By: DuckRyder
It is ADware.

(there are 8 trackers on this page according to ghostery)

Interesting. It has to be something. (pennzoil banner up top?)

Update.. It is interesting that it seems to only happen when the Pennzoil banner is shown up top. If the gumout or Lubrizol banner shows up, no issue.

Last edited:
I have given up on the back button and have to click on the forum or subforum icon to reenter. Only forum I've ever had this happen on.

it's a screwed up mess! I practically stop coming to this forum because of the inability to navigate it. It's directly related to the Pennzoil ad banner at the top of the page so it shouldn't be a difficult fix if anyone cared to make it.

Just modify your hosts file to route that site to 127.0.0.1

There are a number of sites available that have hosts files with a thousand or more of the most common ad sites listed-just copy and paste them into your existing hosts file. You can also bypass dns by putting an entry here as well. I never see any of those ads, nor do I have the problem with the back button and I don't need to install any other software to block the ads.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
FowVay, what browser are you using? In FF, you can install Adguard Blocker add-on. Problem solved.

I browse with Google Chrome with AdBlock Plus. I never see an advertisement on BITOG and my Back button works 100% of the time.

I haven't seen the Pennzoil banner in a while and now my backbutton is working flawlessly.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
No problems with any browsers I use, probably a maleware issue with start page being jacked.

Maleware?
crackmeup2.gif
banana2.gif

Get malwarebytes and remove all those PUPS, this is usually b/c people click on those ads that sites put up

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back