Small Car Tire Recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Tdbo
Originally Posted By: NewEnglander
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Michelin "X" $42.00 each.

Where does one find Michelin tires at $42 each? Not sure I've seen that out there.

It can be done:

http://simpletire.com/michelin-x-radial-...;utm_term=26383

However, shipping is extra.

Then they are not $42.00/ a piece. I would imagine you would need to add another $15.00/each to the price for shipping. In many examples shipping costs makes ordering online a push to local prices on once you include mounting and balancing. Please note we are talking a LIFETIME BALANCE PACKAGE and not a one shot $10.00 deal.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
I see General RT43 recommended here very often, and it is reasonably priced. Something to consider.

This tire in the OPs size on discounttiredirect is $65.00 AND THAT INCLUDES SHIPPING.

Originally Posted By: CKN
Originally Posted By: Tdbo
Originally Posted By: NewEnglander
Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Michelin "X" $42.00 each.

Where does one find Michelin tires at $42 each? Not sure I've seen that out there.

It can be done:

http://simpletire.com/michelin-x-radial-...;utm_term=26383

However, shipping is extra.

Then they are not $42.00/ a piece. I would imagine you would need to add another $15.00/each to the price for shipping. In many examples shipping costs makes ordering online a push to local prices on once you include mounting and balancing. Please note we are talking a LIFETIME BALANCE PACKAGE and not a one shot $10.00 deal.

Obviously. That is why I added that "shipping is extra" to the OP's original statement.

You said it "can be done". When in reality it can't be done when you include shipping. So there is not a Michelin tire in the OPs size that are 42.00 a piece NET.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: CKN
You said it "can be done". When in reality it can't be done when you include shipping. So there is not a Michelin tire in the OPs size that are 42.00 a piece NET.

Obviously, sarcasm is wasted on you.
That was my point, that being that shipping was extra and the tire would cost more than $42. That was clear in the link that I provided.
Thanks for pointing that out, Captain Obvious.

Thanks to everyone for the great feedback and advice. I am leaning toward the General RT43 as it appears to have the best recommendation, value, and reliability overall. They also sound like a tough tire for that size which is terrific for the Boston area with roadwork and the like happening 365 days a year it seems.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Have Lifeliner GLS on my Focus in the summer and a friend put them on his Accord. Great tire for what you pay!

Only issue I had was someone slashed them after a month of having them.

+1 from the list you have I would pick the coopers. I have them on the Malibu and they are a great tire. I would have to agree with the Generals if you are looking outside your list. Heard a lot of darn good things about them

If they are not Michelin they can't be any good! (Only kidding )

smile.gif

Last edited:
I've got two sets of General RT43's now, and have been quite happy so far. Not many miles yet, and the did cost a bit of mpg as compared to Michelin's; but vastly better performance in snow.

Michelins are out of the equation with the parameters you're looking at...I wouldn't put those on an old Accent if I'm driving the car 6K miles a year. A nice cheap tire these days is the new American-made Cooper CS3 if they're available in that size. I've had good luck with General Tires in the past and people seem to like the RT43...might be the best option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back