motorcycle saddlebags - recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, so the easy recommendation is to get bags from Yamaha. but $1000 !!! options, prices, and quality are all over the place. I really dont wanna spend that much coin!

Yamaha vstar 650. I will use it mainly for commuting and don't use the bags for that. I intend to take some day rides, and perhaps a couple of multi-day trips.

my last bike came with throw-overs with no brackets. they worked, but I would like to do better than that. in a perfect world, I would like them to be reasonably removable, so I could leave them off the bike for commuting.

I have the v star 650 classic. I put Willie & Max hard mounted saddlebags on it. They look fantastic as they are pretty much the same size and look of the Yamaha factory bags. I paid around $340 for mine. All the hardware is included too. The name of the bags is 'Revolution'. They are a synthetic leather and so far still look like new. Mounting them takes a little time as you will need to figure out exactly where you want them and then drill holes in the back side of the bags (plastic). Fairly simple job but requires good measurements to make sure the bags are symmetrical.

Decent rigid mount, naugahyde saddle bags, vikingbags. For what they are the price is right when you wait for them to run a sale. Would not buy when not on sale and there's no 10% off code, but a good deal when they are.

thanks everyone for your responses. I wish that "price was no object" - then I would go have custom bags made. up until now I have been trying to learn about all of the options, styles, and prices.

I hear ya on the prices. After I got my V Star I knew I wanted bags for it. I looked for a long time because there was no way I was going to pay almost a grand for the Yamaha factory bags. I also didn't want throw over bags. I'm very pleased with the ones I got. Did a lot of internet searching but I was lucky to find mine at a bike shop so I could see them in person.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back