Transfering one phone to another?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried transfering all their data on a smartphone to another smartphone without going to the store? There is an app called smartswitch, but was wondering if anyone has tried it? I'm getting a new S5 and need to transfer all my stuff from an S2 to the S5, then my wifes S2 to my S2, her's bit the dust. Where I live, there is no sprint store so I'd have to take time off work to do this. I know all they do at the store is plug it in to a computer, so it can't be that hard to do. Anyone done anything similar on their own?

I just login to my google account, syncs my contacts/apps. I use sms backup, I never restore but its a option. Pics I never transfer unless upgrading SD card.

Originally Posted By: Bryankkkk
I just login to my google account, syncs my contacts/apps. I use sms backup, I never restore but its a option. Pics I never transfer unless upgrading SD card.

+1 this

Originally Posted By: Doog

+1 this

+1, that's what I do too.

As a secondary backup, I'll copy and paste everything from the old phone and keep it on a computer, in case there's some data file for an app that I end up needing long after the old phone is gone.

Try using KIES. It is the Samsung version of itunes. There is a program within KIES that will easily transfer all of the data from one phone to the other.

Will this work going from android to I phone?

Originally Posted By: possum328

Will this work going from android to I phone?

It should. I know it works going the other way (from iPhone to Android). What surprised me is my new Android phone even knows all of the Wi-Fi hotspots I frequented with my iPhone, AND already has the passwords stored, so I didn't even need to reconnect to that stuff...

Convenient. And frightening. All at the same time.

That smartswitch didn't work with my two S2's. Wouldn't recognize each other for some reason, so I did it the old fashion way. Dumped all pics/contacts to the external sd card and then swapped sd cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back