Nissan oil filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had a Nissan filter on my I35 for about 5000 miles. Nissan supposedly improved the design recently so I was eager to try it out. What're the opinions on these newer filters? I'm trying to get 7000-7500 miles out of it. Of course, only a UOA/filter tear down will show how it held up.

Last edited:
I'm sure it can handle 10k easy... If your engine is clean from being well maintained.

Just about any filter should go 7K. As far as tell how it held up from a tear down, not sure you can get any information about how it held up unless you see a tear.

Is you engine sludged?

I don't know if my version is new and improved over any previous version but I always run my Nissan filters for two oil drain intervals. I change the oil at 5,000 mile intervals and the filter at 10,000 mile intervals.

I think I paid $8.50 for the last Nissan filter I bought from the local dealership and it will get changed in the next 1,300 miles. I always cut them open and I have never found deteriorated media or other problems.

My Nissan currently has 268,700 miles and it doesn't seem to be any worse off for my methodology.

I am thinking of using a Fram Ultra for the next interval. I bought a ton of Pennzoil Ultra 0W-40 for $1 a quart so that will be the oil of choice for the next 25,000 miles. Because of Pennzoil's lack of information about this product it won't bring my Nissan over the 300,000 mile mark. I think Mobil-1 can carry that flag
smile.gif

I was always told the VQ35 is hard on oil, thats the only reason i dont try to push 5k OCI, i actually stick to OEM posting of 3750miles.

I'm a mobil5000 and pure1 filter kinda guy tho.

Mclasser:
What is the part number on that filter? The older Nissan/china sourced design did not have an si adbv and cause some cold start/run issues and the paper end caps all but filled the can circumference where there is barely, and I mean BARELY any room for viscouse oil to flow around. Anyone have a new unit cut open? I have an oci#1 coming up and I don't want the old china-sourced design filter on my new rogue!

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Just about any filter should go 7K. As far as tell how it held up from a tear down, not sure you can get any information about how it held up unless you see a tear.

Is you engine sludged?

Nope, she's pretty clean.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Mclasser:
What is the part number on that filter? The older Nissan/china sourced design did not have an si adbv and cause some cold start/run issues and the paper end caps all but filled the can circumference where there is barely, and I mean BARELY any room for viscouse oil to flow around. Anyone have a new unit cut open? I have an oci#1 coming up and I don't want the old china-sourced design filter on my new rogue!

It's part# 15208-65F0E; made in Mexico supposedly. This one has metal end caps, a silicone ADBV and actually has some weight to it.

Interesting to see your new Rogue is spec'd for 5W30. I thought Nissan would've moved over to the W20's like other Japanese companies. I'm guessing your Rogue probably came with the new filter from the factory. The new part # supercedes the old one so I don't think dealer parts people still stock the old one.

Last edited:
Thanks. the Mexican filter stopped engine knock on my Versa note, but NOT before the Chinese filter killed the engine. Yes I blame that improperly made and designed filter
smile.gif
So I had to trade UP to the rogue as my Nissan shop is deaf to loud engine knocking. They got the 3 mo old trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back