Mobil 1 5W20 / 2003 CR-V 10k OCI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Took the sample almost a year ago using a Wix oil analysis kit but kept putting off sending it in. This is the GF's car and sees about 70/30 hwy/city driving. Prior run was Valvoline conventional which explains the sodium. Everything looks pretty good to me. Filter was a Fram Ultra 7317. I can probably extend Mobil 1 further in her car, but alas I have no more. Currently has Valvoline conventional again due to Autozone clearance at $1/qt. Once it's used up, I've got some Vavoline Synpower as well as Pennzoil Platinum waiting in the wings.

Link for those who want the PDF: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9wPIyq9ma5EU2QyRi1vbjhhQnM/view?usp=sharing

Appreciate any feedback or comments!

Code:

OIL M1 5W20

MILES IN USE 10k

MILES 125.5k

SAMPLE TAKEN 03/22/14

ALUMINUM 6

CHROMIUM
IRON 8

COPPER 13

LEAD
TIN
MOLYBDENUM 82

NICKEL 2

MANGANESE NA

SILVER
TITANIUM 2

POTASSIUM
BORON 33

SILICON 13

SODIUM 71

CALCIUM 1336

MAGNESIUM 614

PHOSPHORUS 710

ZINC 819

BARIUM

INSOLUBLES NA

WATER
FLASHPOINT ºF NA

SUS VIS 210ºF NA

cSt @ 212ºF 8.4

TBN 2.9

I was gonna say why are you running conventional this time of year but then I noticed you live LA so that's not really a factor.

Lucky! The "Real Feel" here today was -7.

Originally Posted By: Throt
I was gonna say why are you running conventional this time of year but then I noticed you live LA so that's not really a factor.

Lucky! The "Real Feel" here today was -7.

Balmy 74F today.
cool.gif

I'm also currently running a conventional 10W-30 in my '01 V8 Tundra.
wink.gif

Nice looking report. I'm currently running ppp to 10k and will post a report in the Spring.

Has she had the valves adjusted?

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Ill probably be slapped, but thats high copper for a K24.

Yeah copper is a bit high. Did some digging and Blackstone puts the average at 3PPM but I'm not worried.

Originally Posted By: k24a4
Nice looking report. I'm currently running ppp to 10k and will post a report in the Spring.

Has she had the valves adjusted?

Her father took in the car for a "tune-up" at the dealership a few years back before I took over maintenance. Her spark plugs were changed but not sure about any valve adjustment. I've previously asked for the paperwork but she isn't sure where she put them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back