Doral SD-A tires? Okay to use mismatched sets?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Corollaman
Originally Posted By: marine65
I had a set of Doral tires.They were sold by Big O tires.They have since changed the name to Aspen.
They are made by Summoto(sp?)same company that makes Falken tires and others.
The Dorals gave me good service and I would not change them just because of the unfamilar name.

I recently put a set of the Aspen A/S touring on our Corolla they look the same as Doral made by Summoto, it's printed right on the tire. Mine came with a 50,000 warranty. I did some research on them and I think they are good tires at the price point, definitely better than the Bridgestone's that were on the car from the factory. Some name brand tires are junk and some no name tires are a good value. I would say don't get caught up in paying for a name.
BFG is made by Michelin and provides good value for the price, especialy at the "buyer's clubs". My local Sammy Boy's club closed for "expansion"and stayed closed for two years -- some kind of "Toxic Waste Dump" discovered on the premises. Meantime I have been buying Conti mail order.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KitaCam
Here's some background...
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb.....V#Post2855271

I found them fine above 40°.....under 40 on wet/icy surfaces, not so hot...slippery...drive carefully from stops and around corners.

I drove on the Doral tires for 30k plus miles in Colorado winters and never had a problem with snow or ice. And I only have a front wheel drive Sentra.
Of course you have to drive for the conditions.I always took it slow and easy in the bad weather and always made it both ways in my 21 mile one way commute each day.

Originally Posted By: marine65
Originally Posted By: KitaCam
Here's some background...
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb.....V#Post2855271

I found them fine above 40°.....under 40 on wet/icy surfaces, not so hot...slippery...drive carefully from stops and around corners.

I drove on the Doral tires for 30k plus miles in Colorado winters and never had a problem with snow or ice. And I only have a front wheel drive Sentra.
Of course you have to drive for the conditions.I always took it slow and easy in the bad weather and always made it both ways in my 21 mile one way commute each day.

...Perhaps they're better suited for smaller/lighter cars....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back