Your Dinner Tonight!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had dinner at the Black Bear Diner in Emeryville today. I also has breakfast there, and I ordered the country fried steak both times. The breakfast version came with hash browns and eggs, the dinner version came with veg. The first picture shows the breakfast, the second picture the dinner. The portions there are huge and I swam 50 extra laps in the pool tonight. The caveman pose is merely gratuitous.

hotwheels

Tonight I had the best sesame chicken I have ever had at the Nan King Road Bistro on 9th Street between Irving and Judah. The breading is really crunchy and there is a very nice sweet, sticky sauce on the chicken. Their pot stickers are also great. Prices are reasonable. If you are ever in the Inner Sunset in San Francisco, definitely try this place, then head next door to Holy Gelato! for some very good Italian ice-cream.

hotwheels

Last night I had Chicken Katsu and BBQ Chicken at Ono Hawaiian BBQ. Comes on a bed of cabbage and with rice and pasta salad. Very tasty, but I may have to wear my stretchy pants today.

hotwheels

It looks like this thread has been taken over by me. Tonight I had chicken katsu with miso soup and a salad and a side of curry at the Tokyo Express at the Stonestown Galleria.

hotwheels

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
You eat out a lot !

Chinese food in San Fransisco China Town(and probably New York city) is the best in US.

On workdays (4 days per week) I eat at out once, usually dinner. On off days I frequently cook, but sometimes I go out for breakfast or dinner. Lunch is the meal I most frequently skip. I just have a snack instead.

I have eaten some really good dim sum in Chinatown. Other than that I know Chinese restaurants all over the place that I actually prefer over most restaurants in Chinatown.

Finding bad food is almost difficult in San Francisco.

hotwheels

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Katsudon is so good; I've been going to a sushi restaurant by my house a lot recently and I get it everytime.

Katsudon or tonkatsu is my default dish when I'm eating at a to me unknown or dodgey Japanese place. It's a dish that's hard to screw up.

If you like Japanese foods, and if you ever are in the Hollywood West area on Sunset Blvd in LA, go to a place called Yatai Asian Tapas Bar. They have excellent appetizers and food. Go during happy hour, 5:30-9:00 pm Mo-Fr, you won't regret it.

hotwheels

I had again sesame chicken at the Nan King Road Bistro in SF. That's my favorite dish there. Picture below. O also had broccoli with beef and the pork pot stickers as an appetizer.

hotwheels

Tonight's dinner will be my favorite dish: Spicy Sweet Potato Curry.

My wife makes it with fresh ingredients picked up from a local Asian market. Beyond delicious served over steamed rice.

Three cheers for Thai chilies.

You had some fancy dishes, spicy papaya salad and pumpkin curry sound good. I don't think any Thai restaurant down here in Orange County has these dishes.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
You had some fancy dishes, spicy papaya salad and pumpkin curry sound good. I don't think any Thai restaurant down here in Orange County has these dishes.

Not really a fancy place with fancy food, just really good food at fair prices. Got out for under $40, three entrees plus tip, for dinner for two.

hotwheels

A few days ago we had Greek style Moussaka. Filling was New Zealand lamb mince, eggplant and potato, and was topped off with bechamel sauce. Paired with an Argentinian Malbec.

Tonight will be wild Alaskan salmon, olive oil roasted potato, asparagus and a garlic lemon and herb sauce. Wine will be either a Torrontes / Chardonnay blend from Argentina or maybe a 100% Californian Chardonnay.

Originally Posted By: aa1986
hotwheels, have you tried Lime Tree in Inner Sunset?

If you go, be sure to order some Roti Pratha.

I've had good chicken satay there. Next time I'll try their pancakes.

hotwheels

I was there in a group of 5 so got to try quite a few things. The satay, roti and basil tofu are the things I remember best but we enjoyed everything else as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back