7-11 Gasoline Good, Bad, Top Tier or Forget It !

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 7-11's in West Texas are branded "FINA". They are supplied by the refinery in Big Spring, Texas. Not sure where the oil comes from but I would suspect that some of it comes from the Permian Basin area of West Texas.

SWSportsman is correct. A friend who works at one of the refineries in New Orleans and also works the pipelines going from New Orleans to Atlanta, from Atlanta North through Knoxville and East through North Carolina informed me that all the gas is all the same now. Exxon, Shell, BP, etc., all use the same pipeline and that same gas is all dumped into the tanker trucks at the distro points. The additives are a ploy to make money. Even the ethanol content varies, could be less than 10 percent or over 10 percent. The gov mandates that gas has to have a certain amount of cleaning additives and they are all the same. Top Tier? Money can buy anything.

Better put on your flame suit camaro10....the believers in the "magic elixir" get real irritated when you start bursting their bubbles.

Sometimes ya gotta burn what's available. "Top Tier" is tuckered out in the east. Chevron is bailing on 1,100 stations. In Ohio, not much on the list that qualifies.

Hey, I've known this friend for 45 years and he has never lied to me yet, so why would he start now??

Thanks SWSportsman for the warning. Didn't mean to hurt anyone's feelings.......

BTW, how do you like your Camaro? I'm trying to decide between the Camaro and the Dodge Challenger.

Originally Posted By: SWSportsman
Better put on your flame suit camaro10....the believers in the "magic elixir" get real irritated when you start bursting their bubbles.

Here we go.
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: lexus114

Here we go.
smirk2.gif

Yeah, BMW, General Motors, Honda, Toyota, Volkswagen and Audi created the standard just for fun.
27.gif

Originally Posted By: Bamaro
Yeah, BMW, General Motors, Honda, Toyota, Volkswagen and Audi created the standard just for fun.
27.gif

How does an auto manufacturer "creating" a standard assure you of what you are getting at a petroleum retailer's pump? Quite a leap of faith you've taken.

Good one SWSportsman......That's like the government telling us we are going to have a great healthcare plan, when the guys passing the law won't even touch it. Same goes for the auto makers gas standard. "O, it's great stuff this Top Tier Gas, you have to use it". While in the back room at some sleezy hotel the gas guru's are handing the auto makers 100 dollar bills as fast as they can. I guess that's why my daughters '96 Cavalier, which used Shell gas all the time, had to have two fuel injectors replaced because they were full of [censored]. And I did the replacement by the way and saw what they looked like. Peace tier lovers.

The leap of faith is assuming that a standard created for the car company also does what you want.

Any gas + my additives > top tier premium!

Originally Posted By: S2500Dog
Hello everyone.

Im finally back on BITOG after getting banned off for a few weeks due to very cruel trash talking on here. Anyway I learned my lessons and made a commitment to not mess up these oppurnities again. Moving on, I want to address the quality of 7-11 eleven gasoline and have all of you share your honest opinions, facts, or suggestions based on your peronsal experience. Thank You !

It used to be citgo and now its EXXON

7-Eleven signed an agreement with ExxonMobil's retail interests in December 2010 for the acquisition of 183 sites in Florida, This was followed by the acquisition of 51 ExxonMobil sites in North Texas in August 2011

look at pic

2vb52s3.jpg

If they are all the same then why when they are tested do they all come out with different levels of additives?

I'd like to point out that the news blurb David1 posted indicates that 7-Eleven bought many ExxonMobil retailers (gas stations / convenience stores) in 2010 and 2011 but this does not mean that those retailers continue to sell gasoline using ExxonMobil additives.

The 7-11 gasoline in the Kansas and the Kansas City area is unbranded. Citgo pulled out years ago; they said they were not making any profit. Exxon Mobil has zero distributor/retailer presence in the refined fuels business here.

I have seen some 7-11's sell branded gasoline and have advertised it. I remember seeing Shell and Phillips 66 branded gasoline, but I don't remember where exactly, possibly Utah.

I don't use much 7-11 fuel because I can get Quik Trip or some other Top Tier fuel for the same price.

Originally Posted By: Bamaro
27.gif

How does an auto manufacturer "creating" a standard assure you of what you are getting at a petroleum retailer's pump? Quite a leap of faith you've taken.

If they are all the same how do you explain this?
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php/topics/3587975/Re:_What_Gas_Has_Most_Additves#Post3587975

Last edited:
I've used 7-11 gas a few times but they seem kind of pricey in my area. Normally I go for Arco or Valero since they have good prices and are close to home/work. Costco every once in a while when I'm out getting groceries or picking up a pizza.

No problems yet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back