2016 Nissan Titan XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
The XD model is the Cummins diesel option. I really want to like this truck, although I'm unsure of the design. I do think the interior looks good though. They tried to make the front end way too big and "HD like". Almost like two different designers worked on the truck. Many borrowed elements from Ford and Ram are apparent such as the dropped door like F150, and the rear strip on tailgate of top end model which is even called "platinum reserve". Interior reminds me of Ram. The Cummins/Aisin 6spd combo is intriguing though.

Article 2016 Titan

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Yup, looks like the love child of a Ford and Dodge Ram. R&D = Ripoff and Duplicate here?

exactly. Not impressed.

I like it......see what the price is. I just dont see the advantage of buying a 1/2 ton truck with a diesel if the price is the same as a 3/4 ton.

So it's basically a RAM from the worst Japanese company for reliability?

I'll stick with either GM or Toyota, thx.

that is a Ram, the rear roofline matches and the dash looks like 95% similar. I have to certainly say it appeals to me far more than the disaster of the Tundra.

Last edited:
Wow, I really like it! The Nissan Titan has looked the same for 10 years, was in need of a definate refresh.

I think they played it too safe with the styling. I'm sure it will be good quality though, Nissan has always built good trucks.

A forum post I read elsewhere said it best....

It looks like China tried to copy the F-150.

Will this XD model be too "heavy duty" for an EPA fuel economy rating or will it get rated? If it is rated, will be curious to see what it does.

Thanks panthermike for all these vehicle threads you put up!

I think most trucks look like they're trying too hard these days. I think the Ram is the exception, and I'm not sure why I see it differently. The Ram's pretty showy, to be sure, but it seems showy in more of a "classy" kind of way than an "I'm a mythical warrior" kind of way. The interior reminds me of most other truck interior designs, which is to say that it's probably pretty function, but otherwise not terribly exciting (which is probably how it should be).

If the Titan would lose some of its chrome on the front fascia and tone-down the "I'm pumped" look, it'd appeal more to me. But the same applies to all of the trucks, and I'm certainly not their target audience.

My idea of a great truck is the '95 Nissan Hardbody I used to own. Slim and trim, fun to toss around, tough as a friggin boot, and unstoppable in any weather. Mine had the manual 4x4 with manual locking hubs. Great little package that was. It had all of what I wanted and none of what I didn't. Trucks today seem to be the opposite: they have none of what I want and everything I don't care for.

Too bad the Cummins Nissan is being introduced at a time when diesel is 50% more expensive than gasoline. That totally erases the economic benefit of diesel, given the higher initial purchase price.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
Too bad the Cummins Nissan is being introduced at a time when diesel is 50% more expensive than gasoline. That totally erases the economic benefit of diesel, given the higher initial purchase price.

It really depends on where you are. Diesel is only 10% more here right now.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd

My idea of a great truck is the '95 Nissan Hardbody I used to own. Slim and trim, fun to toss around, tough as a friggin boot, and unstoppable in any weather. Mine had the manual 4x4 with manual locking hubs. Great little package that was. It had all of what I wanted and none of what I didn't. Trucks today seem to be the opposite: they have none of what I want and everything I don't care for.

+1 I guess the Frontier gets closer to the old truck size but probably is still much bigger.
I can see why Nissan bothers with the full size truck though, they are the most profitable vehicles to make. No one in their right mind would buy a $20k basic car optioned out to $50k... But they will with a truck.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back