Run it as designed or Catch can?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's what I typically get between 5k oil changes on my 2L turbo,

nz68JKz.jpg

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
Here's what I typically get between 5k oil changes on my 2L turbo,

nz68JKz.jpg

Nice! Seeing that makes me think motors with a modified PCV system could go longer between oil changes. I see it like this - we put a lot of thought into which filters to use, when to change them and how efficiently they filter the smaller particles, don't want any contaminants in there because we want to keep stuff clean and working effectively. Any amount of that goop being ingested certainly won't do any good, but might do harm..

So what might possess someone to run al, that gunk through their intake? All the fuss about valve deposits and carbon'd up heads and you put that past your valves. Cleanliness is next to godliness! Or at least in this case, cleanliness is next to good cfm and valve seating
smile.gif

The oil on top is from the valve cover to pre turbo air intake. It is basically clean pure oil that gets sucked into the intake track when the turbo is in boost.

The gunky looking majority of the stuff is from the PCV side and is mostly water and light hydrocarbons, If left out it will evaporate into almost nothing. But will carbon up the backs of the valves.

I have one of the Chrysler 3.8 oil burners. Has anyone here put a catch can on one of these motors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back