Morris400 introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, glad to be here now. Been watching for sometime and glad to be a part of it.

I've got 2 vehicles, 1994 Audi S4, 2007 Jeep GC 3.7L

Audi:
Currently running Rotella T6 5w40 with M1 filter. ( oil change tomorrow, switching to a Hastings filter)
I've run T6 in this car since I've bought in in apr 2013. Was using fram (orange can filter) but I'm switching now after many negative reviews. Also used rotella t6 in my old 2001 Audi S4 which I had from 08-2013. That car dropped a valve @267k km, it had excessive cam wear on the exhaust cam cyl 4. Still unsure why.

2007 Jeep GC 3.7
Been using castrol syntec 5w20 with a orange can filter. (Oil change tmr with castrol and Hastings filter )
This ones my wife DD but we want to keep it running so we keep to stock oil type and weight.

Both cars get oil changed around 5k km +/- 500km which occurs every 6weeks. We each drive 500-600km a week 99% hwy.

Here is a couple pics of my car. Sorry no jeep pics.

Audi urs4
IMAG0633_zps3v9zdekt.jpg

IMAG0401_zps7qo6e9b9.jpg

Welcome to BITOG.

I am curious about the LP tank in front of what appears to be 3 housing units. Do they all share the LP, or is it new construction? Just seems like very odd placement.

I think you could extend your OCI (on both vehicles) by 50% (to at least 7500km) and your engines will still outlast the rest of the vehicle.

PS: Nice Audi.

Thank you. I've considered extending the OCI but I was running the fram filters before and was very cautious.

I'm gonna stay at 5000km untilI get my Blackstone report done that confirms good engine life. But you would go 7500km ?

Currently the Audi is sitting at 255.5k km
And the jeep at 220ish.

The propane tank is gone now as there were pics from fall but yes the house was a new build and the gas company had not ran the gas lines yet so the builder paid for the propane. It took almost 3 months after possession to get it done though.

What filter would you recommend to extend the OCI to 7500km +? I know the oils will hold up its always been the filters that were the downside.

Originally Posted By: Morris400
What filter would you recommend to extend the OCI to 7500km +? I know the oils will hold up its always been the filters that were the downside.
Any filter can do 7500km, that's not much at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back