Caviar ? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. this may sound like a joke, and I need this info as part of a joke (sort of) anyway:
Is there any half-way affordable caviar?
places to get it online?
How much would one need for about 6 people? (just to taste a bit, for each person).

I have no clue and I have never bought any caviar before.

Any info/advice?
Thanks IA

Hello, Like many things, "The anticipation of a delight is far more......"
Salty fish eggs are what you're thinking about. Absolutely beneficial and necessary to try new and different things.
Don't get hung up on name brands. Freshness is essential.

If nothing else, go to an IKEA store and visit their small, imported grocery section. Get a tube of Kallas Caviar.
In Scandinavia they squirt the stuff on hard boiled eggs. It adds flavor and moisture. It's the only way I can eat one.
It'll give you an authentic taste of caviar equal in representative value as a fast food burger would be to a homemade one.
The stuff is more than slightly processed.

All caviar is processed. Don't be rushed into buying some unknown tin of caviar. Heaven only knows how old it is.

Gather other opinions and suggestions. Buy where the trade is brisk. Kira

My local Asian market often carries catfish roe and flying fish roe (tobiko for you sushi folks) which will not be mistaken for high end osetra or sevruga caviar, but still tastes pretty darned good. You can get a few ounces of that for well under $20. Keep in mind that this stuff is loaded with cholesterol.

Best,

Thanks so much ! I might go for that icelandic one or the American lake Sturgeon....

Russian ones are prohibitive in price! OMG.

For a joke? Hmmm, that means low budget?

I'd go to an AYCE Chinese buffet that has a sushi section, and scrape the little spheres off the rolls they serve.

Here you go.... Amazon Quality...
smile.gif

http://www.amazon.com/Plaza-Premium-Amaz...keywords=caviar

Cool! amazon caviar - Thanks guys! I might get a bunch of that for quantity and a tiny bit of the better one for quality
smile.gif

Thanks Pete, AND all who commented.

Kira: no IKEA stores nearby, but perhaps I can find one of the fake party invitees who lives near one..

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back