Reputable auto transport from VT to NE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Posting on behalf of a co-worker. He is looking to transport his 1981 Fiat 124 from Vermont to Nebraska for an upcoming move. It seems he can only find brokers, and the prices and claims vary wildly. Ideally he would deal directly with the transit company and get straight answers.

Can anyone with experience shed some light on this?

I got a guy from Craigslist to bring a car from Las Vegas to Columbus very reasonable. He was a retired CDL OTR driver, older and mature. The problem with Craigslist is you have to sort through young inexperienced uninsured drug using amateurs to find a good one. Even then, your search might be fruitless.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
FIAT 124 production stopped in 1974,Spyder 1980.

I may have my numbers wrong. It says 2000 by Pininfarina on the rear somewhere. Tiny little car, about the size of an MGB. Not some behemoth that should require a $3000 shipping charge!

I would suggest going to uship.com. They have different companies that will bid on your car transport and you can specify what you want the car hauled in (enclosed van for example) and also just put in what your willing to offer to pay for the transportation.

Another avenue is look in car magazines as car haulers advertise in those and Intercity Lines comes to mind but they might be a little pricey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back