fuel stablizer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys,

recently I brought some spare gas for the mower and was wondering if I should put some stabilizer in it?

if so, what brands would you guys recommend? and what would be some added benefits of it?

thanks.

I prefer Sta-Bil. 1 ounce per 2.5 gallons. I just pour it into the gas bottle before I go to the gas station.

I use one of those measuring cups you get from the pharmacy; works perfect.

Marine Sta-Bil, the blue stuff.

For storage, one ounce to five gallons...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
I prefer Sta-Bil. 1 ounce per 2.5 gallons. I just pour it into the gas bottle before I go to the gas station.

I use one of those measuring cups you get from the pharmacy; works perfect.

This is exactly what I do. Mower, blower and string trimmer all start up immediately after months of no use.

Sta-bil, yes.

When I bought my house, I naturally needed to buy a lawnmower, and at the same time my Dad bought a new one. I used Sta-bil religiously, he didn't see a need for it. A year later, he had problems with the mower while mine kept running along, and did so without issue for another 11 years.

Maybe it was just coincidence, but he stopped having problems with his mower when he started using Sta-bil as well. If nothing else, it can't hurt.

Originally Posted By: sky06
hey guys,

recently I brought some spare gas for the mower and was wondering if I should put some stabilizer in it?

if so, what brands would you guys recommend? and what would be some added benefits of it?

thanks.

Blue Stabil. But who buys spare gas for the mower in January?

Well I was in South Texas last week and saw a mower crew out and about mowing commercial property and being that op is in California, he may have to mow. The grass was looking nice and green where i was visiting....

now that having been said, if you are only going to store fuel for a month or two i would not worry to much about stabilizer, just my opinion and if the weather is nice, you really could just go out and run the mower for a few minutes and slosh the fuel around in it as well as your storage tank.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back