windshields: Slipstream spitfire vs. Memphis Shade

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking for a windshield for my new vstar. considering a slipstream spitfire vs. a memphis shades pop top. they both look similar. they both get equal reviews. the mounting system on the memphis looks much more substantial. of course, the memphis is 3X the price. any comments? oh, most of the time I commute off-highway. this is more for the occasional trip and if I know that rain is in the air

Originally Posted By: tomcat27
I'm looking for a windshield for my new vstar. considering a slipstream spitfire vs. a memphis shades pop top. they both look similar. they both get equal reviews. the mounting system on the memphis looks much more substantial. of course, the memphis is 3X the price. any comments? oh, most of the time I commute off-highway. this is more for the occasional trip and if I know that rain is in the air
I don't know anything about the Slipstream, but I've owned 3 Memphis Shades ( 2 Memphis Fats, and currently own the one with the venturi). They are quality products, and I would buy another if the need arose.

Tomcat, Not Slipstream or Memphis Shades but I got a new windshield for my old Harley from Cee Baileys and had them cut it an inch shorter than stock 'at no extra charge' for $75 shipped from Ca. You might consider them as well as your other two choices. Mine is much more thick/sturdy than stock with no distortion and I'm pleased with mine.

I bought the Pop Top for my old Vulcan 500. From a quick mounting/dismounting perspective, it was fantastic. From an actual usefulness of the windshield, that was another story...

I had the Spitfire on my Suzuki GZ250. The mounting was very flimsy and resulted in a lot of wobbling while riding.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back