CASTROL GTX MAGNATEC

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at AAP today and this stuff is over priced IMO

a 5QT Jug for 32$ and its a syn blend.

Perhaps its good to use if you have a car with lower miles.. However a car with over 150K miles I feel is a waste of $.

I mean 32$ for 5 QTs and a syn blend....

What do you think about that price?

However they did have a special on 5QTs in 1QT sizes for $24.99 however it was a special.

So would you pay 32$ for a jug of this????

Thats more $ then FULL SYN Mobil 1

Im used to getting Maxx Life at Wallymart for a good price...

Perhaps if its was a full syn it would be worth the $ IMO.

What do you think?

Everything at auto parts chains is overpriced. Unless there's a clearance. A quart of conventional oil is $6!!

AAP is over priced on all oil. $25.99 for a 5 Qt jug of PYB or Castrol GTX. $9.59 for a QT of Mobil 1.

Originally Posted By: volk06
0w20 and 5w20 are full syn. 5w30 and 10w30 and syn blend.

They didnt have 5W20 or 0W20

I would hate to see the price of that... My Guess 42$ or more

From what I have seen, it's the same price. The AAP deal going on right now isn't bad, except for a so so filter. For the price, the 0w20 is a good deal.

Originally Posted By: BTLew81
From what I have seen, it's the same price. The AAP deal going on right now isn't bad, except for a so so filter. For the price, the 0w20 is a good deal.

Yes you are correct...

It was funny b/c I went to the counter at AAP and said does in the same brand of oil is Syn Bland and FULL Syn suppose to be the same price?

The sales men so NO.. The FULL SYN is at least 35% to 40% more $.

I said really??? Come here and let me show you.

I showed them the new Magnatec and showed the bottles and 1 said SYN BLEND and 1 said FULL SYN and they were both 6.49$

I told the guy so whats the mistake here?

It was funny he got all confused and I said look at Valvoline or any other brand the SYN BLEND is cheaper why is this syn blend the same price as the FULL SYN???

I was trying to see if I could get a better deal on the SYN BLEND... LOL

The guy comes back and says I dunno thats the way Corperate has the price and he started to like laugh to himself. Then he said this is a new product perhaps they are trying to get people to buy it.

However he would not budge on the price for the SYN BLEND.

LOL

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Everything at auto parts chains is overpriced. Unless there's a clearance. A quart of conventional oil is $6!!

Yep, the only times I go there are when I have coupons or gift cards.

$20.83 @ WM

20150323_183627.jpg

Just bought this GTX Magnatec 5W20 jug at WM for my Honda Ridgeline oil change...Lowest priced full syn (in the loose terminology of a full synthetic, of course). We'll see how it compares as all the previous changes on the truck have been with Pennzoil or Quaker State 5W20 full syn (change at the Maintenance Minder alert - approx 8,000 mile OCI). Seems to be a fair deal in the world of full synthetics.

Last edited:
Great priced synthetic and overpriced blend.

$20 at Walmart for the syn is the best price for any synthetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back