Mobil 1 0w40 4.4L jug $28 at Canadian Tire

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, it's 300ml smaller, or about 0.3 Qt.

But I would be very wary of judging container volume by appearance alone if they are a different shape. It can be and often is deceiving and manufacturers know how to "fake" a nice looking container shape. It's a back-door way of raising prices.

Look at a typical shot glass ... it's 1 oz to the point where the glass begins to flare out. From there to the top is another half oz. 100% shape based volume difference ... it doesn't take much.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Johnny2Bad
But I would be very wary of judging container volume by appearance alone if they are a different shape. It can be and often is deceiving and manufacturers know how to "fake" a nice looking container shape. It's a back-door way of raising prices.

The Canadian Mobil jugs are a little deeper, front to back, than the 5 L competition. Ironically, I can fit more 5 L SOPUS jugs on my shelf than I can fit 4 L or 4.4 L Imperial Oil jugs, thanks to how "fat" they are.

Originally Posted By: dgunay
FYI BITOGers from Canada

http://www.canadiantire.ca/en/pdp/mobil-...tml#.VJPSY14ABg

Besides the packaging, what are the differences between US and Canadian M1 0W40? IIRC, CDN M1 0W40 has worse MRV value (35.000) than the US one.

Argh!!! I can't beleive I missed this. I always need 0w-40 for my SAAB and have to shell out for 6x1L bottles and I've only seem then for 25% off at CT.

Now that it's available in a real jug, expect better specials than when only 1 litre bottles were available, as on ongoing thing. Imperial Oil had to do something, with Wakefield having the Syntec 0w-40 in jugs up here.

Quote:
Imperial Oil had to do something, with Wakefield having the Syntec 0w-40 in jugs up here.

That's exactly what I bought over the 6x1L bottles. it cost me $30 less buying the belgium 0w-40.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back