Selenia star pure energy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Cuore_Sportivo
I suppose that C3 is in the manufacturer's recommendations for a reason? It's a different oil that is specified for the diesel versions, but still C3.

Only reason AFAIK is phosphorus level that is lower in C3 oils. Phosphorus can damage catalyst, but since catalyst came long before C3 oils this is not a real issue. Low sulphur fuels in EU burn clean so there is no need for a very high initial TBN to start with.
Even though it's not necessary I would still use Z2 oil in MA. No harm for catalyst, and engine woul d benefit from higher Tbn and stronger additive pack.
I will give you few examples:
I had 1.9 Mjet with DPF and still own 1.9 Mjet without Dpf. In similar conditions C3 oil in DPF equipped car would lose viscosity much earlier then other car with B4 oil.
Abarth cars outside of EU use A3/Z2 oils.
BMW in EU specified LL-04, but in ROW LL-01, a more staut oil.

I suppose that C3 is in the manufacturer's recommendations for a reason? It's a different oil that is specified for the diesel versions, but still C3.

the diesels use a C2 oil if you follow recommendations.

Originally Posted By: chrisri

Only reason AFAIK is phosphorus level that is lower in C3 oils. Phosphorus can damage catalyst, but since catalyst came long before C3 oils this is not a real issue. Low sulphur fuels in EU burn clean so there is no need for a very high initial TBN to start with.
Even though it's not necessary I would still use Z2 oil in MA. No harm for catalyst, and engine woul d benefit from higher Tbn and stronger additive pack.
I will give you few examples:
I had 1.9 Mjet with DPF and still own 1.9 Mjet without Dpf. In similar conditions C3 oil in DPF equipped car would lose viscosity much earlier then other car with B4 oil.
Abarth cars outside of EU use A3/Z2 oils.
BMW in EU specified LL-04, but in ROW LL-01, a more staut oil.

I agree, ACEA C3 means HTHS>=3.5 and médium SAPS
ACEA C3
For an MultiAir in Europe, 5w40 A3/B4 with an HTHS>3.5 (as most of them have) should be fine, IMHO

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back