Found another bad bulb socket -08 Sedona 3.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the second time in a year, I've found a bad bulb socket in the Sedona. Earlier in the year, the front driver's side combination park/turn signal wedge bulb socket had a prong that wasn't making proper contact. Some bending with a pair of needle noses and it fixed the issue. Today, after noticing that the driver's side license plate bulb was out, I removed the socket. If I wiggled the bulb just right, it would turn on, then off, etc. Some bending of the prongs and sure enough, bulb works fine now. Of all the vehicles I've owned, I've never had a socket go bad before. This vehicle has had two go wonky... just an observation.

Last edited by a moderator:
Odd.

I sell GM, Mitsubishi, and Hyundai/Kia parts. I haven't sold any more Hyundai/Kia sockets than I have GM or Mitsubishi. They do go bad, but not at an alarming rate compared to other brands.

Could be a bad batch from a supplier.

UPDATE: Yesterday, found yet another bad socket. This time it was the passenger side front combination running light/turn signal light bulb socket. The issue again lied in the common +/- prong (depending on switching type), which came out of the socket when I tipped it upside down. A little bending and all is well. Curiously, 2 out of the 3 sockets that have had issues have started to act up under extreme cold, as in 10 F or lower. Hmmm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back