What ever happened to Bo Bergdahl

Status
Not open for further replies.

pbm

I would think the army's investigation would be complete by now.

It's weird that the media has so little interest in this guy???

Originally Posted By: pbm
I would think the army's investigation would be complete by now.

It's weird that the media has so little interest in this guy???

They were instructed not to be interested.

Abdul Haq Wasiq, Mullah Norullah Nori, Khairullah Khairkhwa, Mohammed Nabi and Mohammad Fazl are thrilled with the swap

Secretary Hagel never confirmed if Bergdahl was a deserter or a hapless prisoner iirc, although the brass approved a promotion in rank whilst in "captivity."

Other than that, the whole episode didn’t much fit the narrative and proved yet another international faux pas.

Things most people don't care about doesn't make the news. Most people are concerned about their jobs, their kid's educations,paying their bills and making it on time to their kid's sports programs. A traded prisoner doesn't make the cut for interest, nor who they traded him for.

Originally Posted By: CKN
Things most people don't care about doesn't make the news.

I beg to differ. I don't much care for hearing about thugs getting shot when they assault armed policemen, but somehow the media has a hayday with it.

I would much rather hear what happened to traitor Bergdahl...

Originally Posted By: 92saturnsl2
Things most people don't care about doesn't make the news.

I beg to differ. I don't much care for hearing about thugs getting shot when they assault armed policemen, but somehow the media has a hayday with it.

I would much rather hear what happened to traitor Bergdahl...

I'm afraid you, like myself, are beneath the radar when it comes to such things as far as the media is concerned. I can't believe we are in the minority but that must be the case

He was living in Idaho with his family. No charges were brought against him and he was found to have done nothing wrong.

Pablo, Finz and 92 Saturn - all of you are in the very,very small majority. There are far more serious things that have fallen off the public's radar -Benghazi for one.

With all due respect Gentlemen it's like this;if it doesn't affect people daily lives - it doesn't get mainstream play. And by mainstream I am not talking certain cable "faux news" shows.

Last edited:
Here is a some recent discussion:
http://www.nytimes.com/2014/12/23/us/bow...neral.html?_r=0

Based only on what I have read to date, I think he should be charged with desertion.
As a former military personnel paper pusher, I am guessing the general will not opt for prolonging this story. Look for Bergdahl to be separated from the Army (at his current rank) since he is past his expiration term of service (ETS).

Pablo, Finz and 92 Saturn - all of you are in the very,very small majority. There are far more serious things that have fallen off the public's radar -Benghazi for one.

With all due respect Gentlemen it's like this;if it doesn't affect people daily lives - it doesn't get mainstream play. And by mainstream I am not talking certain cable "faux news" shows.

Not sure there is much of a difference between Bergdahl & Benghazi... In fact, the correlation between the 2 is pretty striking - to me, anyway.

If given some thought, the list on non-news-worthy items is quite large and all either have or could potentially have a considerable impact on us all...

I may have misunderstood what you are saying CKN...?

What I am trying to say is that unfortunately, and tragically with the later, people were killed, and it still was a non-story except for certain cable news shows.

Last edited:
The last I read the investigation was complete and the results were on a general's desk for a decision.

My guess is that he'll get booted from the military and that'll be that.

Put him on a C-130, fly over enemy controled country and push him out the back..... let his parachute open up back where he belongs.

How many Americans were killed looking for this deserter ?

Originally Posted By: spasm3

They were instructed not to be interested.

There was nothing to report for quite some time. Most folks pretty much knew he'd be charged with desertion, but the investigation and process takes some time. Rather than on a daily basis report that nothing new had happened, the media generally only reports when there are newsworthy events.
Now that he's been officially charged the news media is once again reporting on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back