Castrol GTX Synblend VOA?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like many others on this site, I jumped on the AZ sales a few weeks ago and bought 10 quarts of the Castrol Synblend in 5W-20. I've been using Motorcraft and PYB for quite a while, but at $1/qt I couldn't resist.

I've done a lot of searching online and on these forums, and there seems to be no VOA of the Castrol Synblend anywhere. Does anyone know if there are VOAs of this oil floating around on the net? In particular, I'm interested to see if the add pack in the GTX Synblend is any better than the so-so add pack in regular Castrol GTX

Thanks!

Last edited:
i dont use castrol motor oil but i have a friend that works in wayne nj at one of their corporate offices and i have been there and it is impressive... I went through the plant with him about 5 years ago and it was something to remember.

i use their type f atf in anything that calls for that. I could not find anything either

Does it matter when it costs you only $1/ea ?

I'm sure that it's better than Castrol GTX, so it can be used for 7-10k miles OCI easily with non-severe driving condition in a clean engine.

Any name brand dino is good for 6-7k miles OCI with non-severe driving condition in a clean engine, for synthetic you can extend OCI to 10-15k miles.

I got 26 qts of that Csstrol Synblend 10w30 and 1 qt of the elusive Kendall SynBlend 10w30, all for $1.00 a qt. I plan to run a UOA at 5,000 miles, but won';t try the oil until next summer.

does anyone have a UOA for the Castrol 10w30 Synblend? I just changed the Yukon oil this wknd to it. Did not change the M1 filter I had before running Penn Synthetic 5w30, but curious what a good distance is for this oil (about 45-50 hwy miles a day).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back