Dodge Charger Visibility

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've heard those cars have poor outward visibility because of the high belt line and short windows; is that true? Do you get claustrophobic driving your Charger around?

You are thinking of the Chevy Camero. Its like sitting in a submarine with a porthole to look out of. The Charger is not like that at all.

Nope. The only "issue" is checking blind spots. The pillars are thick.
But I haven't had a single issue with parking or visibility.
Great cars.

I saw a brand new black on black Charger today with the great big polished factory chrome wheels and the rear spoiler on the trunk lid; beautiful car.

Yeah it looked just like this one only black.

Another-Look-at-the-Dodge-Charger.jpg

One of the most important reasons I love my subaru forester. LOTS of glass and very small blind spots.

The edge(2010?) I had for a rental was Horrid.

A lot of new cars are like this, I loved the new Camaro until I sat in one. Can't see out of the darn things.

Compared to my BMW? Yes. The Charger has a noticeable higher belt line and shorter windows. It isn't bad like a Nitro, Camaro or HHR though, which, as somebody else stated, is like riding along in a submarine.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Many new cars are like this. It sucks.

That's puting it mildly!
In many cases it's downright dangerous.

I have been in cars where the 'A' pillar can hide a mother and push chair that are within 20' of the front of the car.

I surprised this issue has yet to come up in a law suite.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Many new cars are like this. It sucks.

You got that right. I hate poor visibility. I understand that a lot of it has to do with safety standards, but a lot of it is just style. I've heard that a Subaru is an exception.

^ Agree. Some of it is due to increasingly stringent roof crush requirements, but I think some of it is just due to styling trends. People like a tank-like outward appearance, outward visibility be [censored]. How often do sedans roll over anyway unless you're driving like a nut?

There are many cars worse than the Charger. Huge pillars are a common thing with modern cars.

I discovered this on the new Colorados. Outside, it's almost a full size truck. Inside, it doesn't feel any more spacious than my Ranger (maybe even less with the large floor console, wish it still offered a bench seat), it just has worse visibility. In a roll over, the Colorado's upper cab would hold up better, but I don't know if that's worth worse visibility every single time you drive it. The gubmint says it is though.

Originally Posted By: Clevy
Nope. The only "issue" is checking blind spots. The pillars are thick.
But I haven't had a single issue with parking or visibility.
Great cars.

Our 300 is nearly the exact same car, only minor differences. Outward visibility has never been an issue here. One of the nicest cars EVER in my stable...

I have sat in a few and it seems like it would be hard to see out of. The higher belt line is for styling purposes and safety - so they aren't going anywhere.

The only vehicle I have ever felt claustrophobic in was a 09+ Taurus.

It took awhile to get used to coming from my Crosstrek especially since it had a backup camera (Some trims of the Charger have them)

It isn't bad at all now since I've been driving it since November...I rented a 2014 Camaro last summer in Colorado and it's outward visibility was way worse.

My Charger looks similar to the one pictured above but I have my snow tires on now. It has been a beast in the snow plowing through everything Mother Nature has thrown at New England so far
smile.gif

I have the 3.6 and not found it lacking for power in any scenario...the torque is pretty hefty...in fact my wife gets a "miffed" if I gas it a bit without telling her, I can see her sinking back in the seat lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back