1990 chevrolet camaro 1le on eBay

Status
Not open for further replies.
The picture they chose to put on the magazine cover shows the clear plastic cover on the front passenger seat.

That car was only $16,000 when it was new?? I'd drop $16,000 for that car in a heartbeat right now!!
20.gif

Originally Posted By: Mykl
Why did they not sell a manual transmission with the 350 in these cars?

The T5 was a very lightweight gearbox and IIRC, the version fitted to the Camaro and Mustang 5.0L cars (the "World Class") was only rated for 265lb-ft of torque and later 300lb-ft of torque, the latter which is exactly what the Mustang made stock.

There is some good info on it here:

http://www.pro-forceperformance.com/t-5_history.htm

Given the 350's torque output was even higher, perhaps GM didn't think it was a wise move to use it behind it? Many a Mustang owner killed them. But they were cheap and inexpensive to fix/rebuild so.....
21.gif

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
For the same money I would get a used C6 Vette

305 with T5 trans = ZZZzzzzzz

A C5 Z06, silver with red interior is my go to supercar. I hate that the Corvette did away with the pop up headlights in the C6. But in all honesty, that 305 HO with a T5 would be plenty fun and more than enough for the street.

Sometimes smog testing is the reason why some engine and transmission combos aren't sold. Getting an engine to pass the smog test with an automatic transmission appears to be easier to do than with a manual.

That in mind, how much less smog would a TPI 305 create versus a 350 TPI engine?

Originally Posted By: Mykl
Why did they not sell a manual transmission with the 350 in these cars?

Officiaally, Overkill got it.

Unofficially...a 350/5-speed Z28 might be a little close to Corvette territory.

I remember reading somewhere they were also afraid the 350 would eat the T5. By that time I think the Corvette had the ZF6 and before that the Doug Nash 4+3(which was poop)

Those L-89 350 engines did sound sweet compared to a 5.0 Stang

I'm on the other side of the fence, I vastly prefer the sound of an SBF to an SBC, LOL! When my buddy and I were doing the motor for his dad's S10 we seriously contemplated ordering it with the LSx/SBF firing order to see if we could make it sound like one
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

I'm on the other side of the fence, I vastly prefer the sound of an SBF to an SBC, LOL!

I think we can all agree they both sound a heck of a lot better than a 1.5L Civic with a fartcan muffler!

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Originally Posted By: OVERKILL

I'm on the other side of the fence, I vastly prefer the sound of an SBF to an SBC, LOL!

I think we can all agree they both sound a heck of a lot better than a 1.5L Civic with a fartcan muffler!

Amen sir! LMAO!
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: mjoekingz28
A C5 Z06, silver with red interior is my go to supercar.

I REALLY like the way that silver C5 Z06 that was in the Optima Ultimate Street Car Challenge at Road America was set up (I forgot the driver's name).
thumbsup2.gif
19.gif
34.gif

Especially his wheel/tire choice, although I would have painted the carbon fiber hood the body color.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back