Please help me seal the sunroof?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have it about as closed as I can get It, but I still get given showers when taking corners. What do I do?

And I was :angry: :angry: :angry: when it went through the carwash and had its mirror taken off and I was rained on as a passenger. .. hard....

It is the 1999 Ford Expedition.

Originally Posted By: eljefino
Probably the drain tubes are clogged.

+1 A sunroof is basically impossible to seal up completely, but they all have gutters and drain tubes to keep the water out of the passenger compartment.

Open the sunroof and look for the drainage holes in the corners. If you have an air-compressor...blow some air down the hole. If not... a stiff piece of wire should work.

Is it leaking or not closing?

If it's leaking, do chase the lines with weed trimmer line or bailing wire, gently.

If it's not closing, usually there is an emergency procedure to do it manually.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Is it leaking or not closing?

If it's leaking, do chase the lines with weed trimmer line or bailing wire, gently.

If it's not closing, usually there is an emergency procedure to do it manually.

Though I manually closed it with a Torx 25 socket over the fall, I discovered that the power sunroof "sometimes" works. Seems the mechanism is loose. If I press it up against the ceiling with my hand, and use the electric controls, it works .. and I got it as all the way forward as I could.

Can I use the plunger on the drain holes, like in the bathtub?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back